World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone whilst going down the beach fishing or bait collecting seen many prawn around yet or am i too early.
thinking of putting a trap down in oxwich this weekend to get enough so that i can do some drifting for the flatties and bass using live prawn just off the beach.

john

·
Registered
200 Posts
Has anyone whilst going down the beach fishing or bait collecting seen many prawn around yet or am i too early.
thinking of putting a trap down in oxwich this weekend to get enough so that i can do some drifting for the flatties and bass using live prawn just off the beach.

john
my mate works a crab potter out of stackpole (i think), he gave me a load of small crabs and a handful of prawns over the week end. so if they are down this way they should be most places. good luck with the trap.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fishing langland this aft,will have a mosey round.:punk:

Cheers DSD
nice one andy

Don't know if many people use it but prawn are absolutley fantastic bait and so much underrated when presented live and can outfish sandeel for the species you can catch on it. just make sure if your ledgering your onto a sand/shingle bottom or your bait will end up hiding under a rock or float fish it a foot off the bottom or drift with it

john

1 - 4 of 4 Posts