World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
i caught a couple of doggies, but tahts it, i don't like them much they look like a great bait but don't really prodce

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Marcus,

erm..... send em up here bud, love them things fried

hehe

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Marcus

Have tried the tiger prawns, of my boat on the south coast, my son had a 16 pound cod, and the whiting seemed to like them, tended to pick out the better ones, i have only tried them in the winter, as my boat has been out of the water,
for maintenance etc, but know back in, yipee, but i will be trying them, perhaps on a roling ledger, drilled bullet type, as may be the bass might like them, poss bream also, anyway i will give them a try, Marcus you say you got yours fresh, but i think most are imported frozen, my local tesco put the on display thawed out, i ask for frozen ones, and stick them straight in to the freezer, ready for use, just a thought in case you have frozen them, ready for your trip, ours have been quite large, so have been able to get two baits out of one prawn, for the whiting anyway, i know this i a limited to about 3 trips out , but on days the whiting would not touch lug and squid they went for the prawns, some days its nice to have a choice of baits.
Cheers
Graham

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info graham..

I find the worms not to be working at the moment,

So i have bought baby squid/normal squid/sandeels/mackeral/prawns. for my next outing..which my brother is attending also..

I believe he got some peelers and razorfish..

Plus ill buy a load of ragworm for the hell of it..
so if somthing doesnt take a fancy to that lot,,then i give up :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Marcus
Go for it mate, with all that choice, somethings got to have a go, if not you have
got the makings of a nice sea food platter, little stove, bread and butter, frying pan, and your sorted, jokes apart, Marc hope you have a result, weather looks good for sat , if it is, i,ll be out, let us know how u get on

cheers
Graham

·
Registered
63 Posts
They must work at sometime. I am all for trying different baits. I have caught Bass to 5lb on Tesco live mussels. All fresh seafood is worth a go. Don't get stuck in a rut with bait, try anything, it's fun. I saw a guy catch 5 schoolie Bass on cooked prawns at Dengemarsh last year. I am going to try crabsticks as well!
The big tiger prawns must be a good float bait for Bass.

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
marcus said:
i bought some fresh raw tiger prawns for next fishing trip.

anybody had any luck with these??
Hey Marcus
I fished with tiger prawns through the winter on 'your local' Porthcawl pier and had some very good results with large whiting. Seems to pick out the good 'uns. I ain't really tried 'em in summer yet.

I buy the frozen ones from tesco that way you can take only as much as you need out and leave the rest in the freezer. Although sometimes the fresh are bigger but stick to each other when you freeze 'em

where you gonna use 'em.
Let us know how you go

1 - 10 of 10 Posts