World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
what type do you use ? never used prawns before thought i would give it a go sometime !! thanx
I use Madagasgar Tiger Prawns from Morrisons or Asda, get the white uncooked ones.

Thread it onto the hook like a lug worm and bring the hook out the bottom.

Cheers

Davy

·
Registered
824 Posts
what type do you use ? never used prawns before thought i would give it a go sometime !! thanx
Tried tiger prawns this week for wrasse but had none caught with this bait but did catch a good few others with ragwom.

But i have had a few codlings on them in the winter with prawns before.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I use Madagasgar Tiger Prawns from Morrisons or Asda, get the white uncooked ones.

Thread it onto the hook like a lug worm and bring the hook out the bottom.

Cheers

Davy
Interesting, been buying them el-cheapo in the co-op and shoving them in the freezer, looks like they will be getting defrosted fo rthe next trip out! What are you getting on them?

·
Registered
865 Posts
if you do a search for tescos tiger prawns you will find a post i did for it.

hit pollock wrasse collies and sss

·
Registered
222 Posts
I find that the uncooked Madagascan King prawns are the best. Fish a single on on the hook, or even half a prawn. I have had best results whilst float fishing them. I've caught everything using prawn; wrasse, coalie, cod, flatties and even sea trout.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
the prawns we get around coastline or from piers etc are by far the best prawns for bait just a problem geting enouth caught and seen caught some good hounds and roeker along with a few bass shop bought prawns have there day as well caught whiteing doggies cod dabs on them work well down dungy captin bob:fishing:

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
virtually every fish ive caught in the solway this year has been spitting prawns/shrimps of some description,im thinking its an under used bait up here,certainly by me anyway.got to be worth a go for a variety of species.
cheers rab

·
Registered
90 Posts
Had an invite to go boat fishing the other week at short notice, no time to get fresh bait.
while scratching about in freezer for blacks and squid found some raw tiger prawns quick look over the shoulder for the mrs no sign so straight into tackle bag and out of the door !!!
To my great surprise they out fished, frozen and salted black lug, squid, frozen peeler, and live sand eel, accounted for some cracking plaice and the odd bass.:secret:

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
they are exellent bait for thornbacks on the west coast i believe cod like them too,i get the whole uncooked tiger prawns from morrisons on the way to Loch Leven

·
Registered
929 Posts
You eat them live Gus ?????????
Thats as bad as Rick Stein, he eats everything raw fae the sea LOL , even bloody mussel,,,,,,By the way Gus, you should clear up the confusion between langoustine and them rubber things fae tesco they call prawns, I could live on Langoustines but I winna eat them tesco things, nae taste.
By the way, I jist had a night on the Churchill Barriers and blanked, I canna beleive it. An auld wifie walked away wee 2 bags oh makkies as I arrived LOL,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts