World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently I have read a few articles about raw king prawns as bait and just wondered has any body on here actually tried them and are they any good?
I know the south coast boys use prawn to good effect for ray etc,but as they are not as common round our shores could good old Mr Tesco supply us with a good frozen sustitute?:g::g:
Spratty:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
hi spratty...well i have tried raw tiger prawns quite often but with limited success i found them best during the winter for whiting and cod off the boat. i dont think i have actually caught with them off the beach. but then again reading reports from other sites i notice that a few anglers have had good results. i suppose its the same ole story if the fish are there and hungry they will work like everything else. cheaper than worms though.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Ive heard they are good under the float, I dont know if that applies to round here though.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Just recently I have read a few articles about raw king prawns as bait and just wondered has any body on here actually tried them and are they any good?
I know the south coast boys use prawn to good effect for ray etc,but as they are not as common round our shores could good old Mr Tesco supply us with a good frozen sustitute?:g::g:
Spratty:thumbs:
They are a magical bait under the float on the south coast, not Tigers but common prawn. They are also very good, and attainable in the Essex estuaries, for bass, so I would be suprised if there wasnt somewhere you could get em up your way. But if you cant, I bet live shrimp, which I believe are fairly easy to catch with a traditional net (wooden bit on the font to push the shrimp out of the sand) would also be excellent on the float.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts