World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon All,

quite a while back in one of the magazines, there was an article on a small cottage industry type set up in or around carmarthen. these people were tying quality rigs and knocking them out at a reasonable price.

Does any one know who these people are and if they are still at it.

The reason I ask is, i spend hours and hours tying rigs and i often get it wrong one way or another and keep getting tangles, hook snoods fail to release from clips etc etc. I'm reluctant to pay good money for the sometimes inferior ones sold over some counters. (milford angling excluded)

if no help, can anyone recommend a good book or guide to help me improve.

Thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi
There was a thread about theses guys not long back CHL RIGS.....they purport to be family run from home/anglers etc.... they are in Bristol easy to buy through ebay & have website
I have ordered quite a bit from them, used their rigs and found them to be excellent........5 different rigs delivered for about £6.50....that'll do for me!!
Mix & match.....custom requirements etc....check em out

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
The Mustad and Shakespeare rigs are available at Glkasgow angling center at a reasonable price. However if you get the time i advise you tie all your own rigs learning to tie all the strongest knots properly. You will not really save money but atleast you can be confident about the strength and components used. I always like to use Berkley or Mustad swivvels and Ultima lines. Another reason i prefer my own rigs is that they can be adjuste to suit a certain specie or venue, that can not be said of shop bought rigs!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.