World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i was wondering if anyone knows how pressure affects fishing, i've heard low pressure is better than high , is this true.
thanks

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Hmmnnn,

The only pressure that I know about m8 is what I get from the missus when I tell er im away fishing....

WHAT AGAIN she say's :p

lol on a serious note, som1 will b able to help u m8

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
http://www.metcheck.com/premium/fishing.asp?lat=57&lon=-2&locationID=82

Have a look at the above webpage. This gives you predictions of the best time to fish based on something!!!!.

It gives you pressure, wind, rain etc, etc. This may help you work it out.
This is the blurb it gives as to how it calculates the best time to fish: -

"How accurate is this?

The attributes include cloud cover, pressure, temperature and wind speed to deduce whether the chance of a decent catch is on the cards."

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hi Horwood,
I heard of this some years ago while coarse fishing. I started to take note of air pressures and 90%+ of the time fishing was far better when there was periods of low pressure. I am no scientist and it could be that it was just coincidence but I did this over a number of years and the low pressure far out fished the high pressure.

Cheers
Arct... :confused:

V

·
0 Posts
have always been told that this wee island of our's fishes best on a south-westerly wind,not to sure about high-low pressure

come listen all me true men to my simple rhyme
for it tells of a young man cut off in his prime
a soldier and a statesman who laid down the law
to die by the roadside in lone beal na bla
:D

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
H,

Have not heard anything about the pressure affecting fishing. A good idea is to keep a fishing log. Include the following weather, tide height and time bait used fish caught weather you could include pressure at the end compare each day you go fishing and you sometimes get a rough picture on when the best conditions are.

Happy atomspherics

Woodster

·
Registered
767 Posts
just to add to this pressure issue, what are everyones views on how the moon affects fish feeding?

i have fished a few time with this guy and he is convinced that he has solved the mystery of when the big fish will be caught.

www.moonstrike.co.uk is the site, it makes a very interesting read.

thanx

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes, it's a scientific fact. High pressure affects all marine life adversly, and puts fish off feeding. The air pressure on the sea increases water pressure on the fish. They are ultra sensitive to pressure. Best time to fish is when pressure falls after a long period of high pressure.. Metcheck gives daily pressure readings with the weather .
One reason why fishing is mainly useless in fine sunny weather. fine weather = high pressure.

V

·
0 Posts
fished a local water many years ago and used to catch tench off the surface at night on floating crust,only got takes when the moon was up,once it went down they did'nt feed off the surface. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts