World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. i know its lazy but can anbody please post there best prices for a Shimano Exage 2030 boat rod or the Shimano Speedmaster 2030 4piece, the Shimano Tekota 600LC and the Shimano Calcutta 700BSV please. I am considering buying a travel rod to take to Norway on the plane this year and think one of these reels would match it nicely. Particullarly impressed by the smooth drag and line counter on the Tekota. Any prices or traders able to show me a good deal will be considered. Best Prices are curently £49.99 for the Exage rod, £109.99 for the Tekota and £187.00 for the Calcutta.
Many thanks

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any hints, tips and information on tackle, baits, line, pirks and lures would be appreciated to. Also information from people who have been in the past would be greatly appreciated. I will be going near Tronheim for a week in June and look to book up again in the North next year when the bigger cod are about.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Mikes Tackle currently sell the Shimano Tekota for £93.99 + p&p.

Not sure if it's allowable to post a direct link - but if you google

"Mikes Tackle Edinburgh" - look under Shimano.

:secret: Before the baying mob appear with pitch forks and torches - I would advise that you phoned the shop first and check if they have the reel in stock prior to ordering .:rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
if you want a good travel rod look at the penn waveblaster i dont think you could find a better travel rod comes in a realy good tube too with solid ends too see if garry the penn lad will post the photos of the 4 section 6/12 with a huge cod on and the 2030 with a large shark i us them for most of my fishing now and love then my mate is in the states at the min and taken the 12/20 for the sharks around the keys

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers i will try to PM Gary. It looks like it might be just the job. I want one that i cn take on the plane with me and not get thrown in the luggage. I like the look of the Tekota 600lc thoughas it has a line counter on and an exceptionally smooth drag. I don't think Penn do anything to similar?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Cheers i will try to PM Gary. It looks like it might be just the job. I want one that i cn take on the plane with me and not get thrown in the luggage. I like the look of the Tekota 600lc thoughas it has a line counter on and an exceptionally smooth drag. I don't think Penn do anything to similar?
Drop me a blank email to [email protected] and I'll send you the pics (they're quite something!)

T

·
0 Posts
Forget the Calcutta and go for the Shimano Torium 20.

The Torium beats the Calcutta with it's eyes closed, yet it is from the same stable.

Personally I love the Speedmaster range of rods and recommend them anyday, but Gary's gear at Penn will take a thorough pasting too.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
look at the baby 310gti i use the 320ld and are ok for me

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it would be better to spend the extra and go for the speedmaster 20-30 travel rod? I have looked at the Torium, Tekota and Calcutta range in my local shop, i just think that the Tekota 600lc looks the best for what i want it for. Although i suppose i could just buy the Shakespeare line counter to go on a reel without a line counter.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The agent who i booked the holiday with has assured me that its ok to take rods in a hardcase on KLM airlines flights. I will be taking the rods i use in the UK which are a Fenwick Saltstick 12-30 and a Abu 7000C3, and a Fladen Maxximus Solid C with a Daiwa SL20SH. I will no longer be looking for a travel rod now, but there are a few rods i still want opinions on. I have about £200ish for the rod and reel. So here it goes;
1. Shimano Speedmaster 20-30 and a Shimano Torium 20, or Tekota 600lc
2. Penn waveblaster 20-30 and a Penn 320GT2
3. Daiwa TDXB 20-30 and a Shimano TLD20
4. Daiwa Kenzaki and a Daiwa Saltiga
5. Abu Suveran 20-30 and a Abu Big Game 9000ld or TLD20

Any other suggestions will be welcome. I look forward to flexing these in my local shop next time i am in. Right all i need now is a line counter, 35ld Power Pro braid, a selection of pirks and I'm ready for Norway!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
as i said i like the waveblasters iv got most of them in 4 peice and are spot on i paid extra £10 wi some for the LD REEL but when it comes with momo and braid fpr about £215 ITS A TOP BUY
get so a shop and have a look at them you will take one home with you i bet

1 - 12 of 12 Posts