World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
morning SW members we have a thread running on SE forum about the price of baits and what u get 4 your money,i remembered getting big(20) wraps of rag for 2.50 pound in Paignton few years ago, just wondered what its like now,
cheers
:fish:boy16

·
Registered
887 Posts
How is the availability of proper rag after that red algae a couple of weeks ago? I'm not trying to stir up an old arguement... but I've not been digging for a while cos I've been doing a lot of mulleting (and seeing a new girlfriend).
From what I've heard it was mostly Falmouth to St Awful that was affected, was it noticable down your way?
I'll be needing some for Saturday if the weather is at all sensible...

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
How is the availability of proper rag after that red algae a couple of weeks ago? I'm not trying to stir up an old arguement... but I've not been digging for a while cos I've been doing a lot of mulleting (and seeing a new girlfriend).
From what I've heard it was mostly Falmouth to St Awful that was affected, was it noticable down your way?
I'll be needing some for Saturday if the weather is at all sensible...
No shortage of rag here all real wild rag none of the farm ----
our rag is fresh dug and can be kept up to 10 days in a fridge with ease longer if you know what you are doing

·
Registered
76 Posts
morning SW members we have a thread running on SE forum about the price of baits and what u get 4 your money,i remembered getting big(20) wraps of rag for 2.50 pound in Paignton few years ago, just wondered what its like now,
cheers
:fish:boy16
20 (score) lug 8 shillings (40p) or dozen king rag 5 bob (shillings) from Goings at Southend pier hill in the early 70's, how things have changed.
You could put an order in at 'The Clockhouse' on Small gains road near Tyrmasters too, I could afford them on paper boys money!
Then go off to the Lobby or Point early before the tide and find enough weights to keep me going fot the sesion, some times you found enough bait left by some-one for tomorrow to!
Forts were good too.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
20 (score) lug 8 shillings (40p) or dozen king rag 5 bob (shillings) from Goings at Shouthend pier hill in the early 70's, how things have changed.
You could put an order in at 'The Clockhouse' on Small gains road near Tyrmasters too, I could afford them on paper boys money!
Then go off to the Lobby or Point early before the tide and find enough weights to keep me going fot the sesion, some times you found enough bait left by some-one for tomorrow to!
Forts were good too.
early seventies i could get 3 pints of beer for less than 10 bob

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
When i read the last couple of posts i had the music from the hovis advert in my head.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
20 (score) lug 8 shillings (40p) or dozen king rag 5 bob (shillings) from Goings at Southend pier hill in the early 70's, how things have changed.
Forts were good too.
wow,aint they changed.apart from free weghts an bait.picked up 2 and a pound of sqid only the other day lol. bet u dont miss the slow shore fishing up here though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts