World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up bryn at 7am ish and was fishing just after 8.30 (around low tide). Not many people fishing at all, we hoped it would stay like that for the duration.

We were both targetting mullet , we had no bottom fishing gear at all. Fishing was slow, and about 2 hours into the flood we realised why, simon the seal was in the vacinity, not good.

Time passed and all we saw caught were a few mackerel and herring, chatting with bryn and he rudely interupted me to tell me my rod was buckling over the railing, so i duely obliged in hooking and landing a nice little mullet, didnt bother weighing it as it was the smallest i have ever caught, but at least it was my target species.

The rest of the day continued the same way it had been before that mullet was caught, fishless. no more bites at all. water was very clear which isnt a problem, the seal was the problem. Loads of small fry about though.

We saw a boat dragging a net in the harbour too which we thought was illegal, we assumed they were netting herring or sandeels.

Was a lovely day, got a few pics too. Also a few more pics from saturdays selsey trip. Off hunting hounda afloat tommorrow , and then hopefully, depending on work, back down to rochester fri for more mullet.

A few piccies

Water Cloud Sky Water resources Coastal and oceanic landforms

Water Sky Sleeve Cloud Fish

Dog Carnivore Pet supply Dog breed Line

Azure Textile Mesh Rectangle Aqua

Face Sky Muscle Standing Cap

·
Registered
451 Posts
well done boys, some nice fish there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.