World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the Pro-Angler has an internal shiny gel coat skin like the 175, do you in effect lose the space where the rod racks go on a 165. If so isn't this about 8 inches of lateral deck space less. Also anyone know where there are more pics (I know Steve posted a report with some but I'm interested in seeing more about the transom area.
Steve - why did they miss off that bit of forward gunnel rail on each side - is it something to do with the folding canopy?
.... You'd think Warrior would put plenty of pics on their own website wouldn't you:g:

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Warrior's website does leave a lot to be desired. I've just got a new 165 and may be able to answer a couple of points;

The canopy hood clips on to the gunnel rails just where the rails fit against the rising cuddy on the 165. Is the pro-angler the same?.

I got side pockets fitted as an extra. These are under the gunnel tops. The rod rests fit onto the ribs underneath the side pockets. I can't think of anything else that space could be used for - but then again, who needs a shiny gel coat where knees , boots, fish boxes and tackle boxes are going to be scraping against ? I have rod rests on the port side. On the starboard side I'm going to fit another set for two oars and a telescopic boat hook.

·
Registered
769 Posts
If the Pro-Angler has an internal shiny gel coat skin like the 175, do you in effect lose the space where the rod racks go on a 165. If so isn't this about 8 inches of lateral deck space less. Steve - why did they miss off that bit of forward gunnel rail on each side - is it something to do with the folding canopy?
Hi Mike,
The inner skin is a tight fit to the hull, you lose about an inch either side and don't really notice it. It still has rod racks fitted no problem.
The gunnel rail on the 165 runs fully forward but cannot on the Pro Angler because of the telescopic mount for the canopy. Again, it works fine in practice and the canopy, I can rather ruefully confirm, is way easier to live with on the Pro Angler than on the 165. I've taken some time to get used to the 165 set-up and have badly scored my brand new rails :schmoll:

Steve

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got side pockets fitted as an extra. These are under the gunnel tops. The rod rests fit onto the ribs underneath the side pockets. I can't think of anything else that space could be used for - but then again, who needs a shiny gel coat where knees , boots, fish boxes and tackle boxes are going to be scraping against ? I have rod rests on the port side. On the starboard side I'm going to fit another set for two oars and a telescopic boat hook.
I must get round to designing some kind of doors or flaps for the gunnel pockets - I'm sick of stuff clattering out of them when I'm under way. Previous owner Steve had obviously tried stick-on velcro, antislip matting, and a presstud flap - with limited success. I think it needs a door cutting out of the new plastiwood stuff, and a couple of s/s hinges.

On the port side I have 3 rods and the bait rail. Two of the rods are 10ft and I leave them all ready to go with reels and lures which get hosed off on return. The only problem is the delicate tips up by the port seat. On the starboard side I have one 6ft rod, one telescopic boat hook and one telscopic gaff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts