World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can a running ledger rig be pre-constructed? i've read that a number of anglers use these rigs for bass, but what if you can't be bothered tying these rigs when you go fishing? i realise that they aren't exactly difficult to make, just wondered that's all.

·
Registered
920 Posts
can a running ledger rig be pre-constructed? i've read that a number of anglers use these rigs for bass, but what if you can't be bothered tying these rigs when you go fishing? i realise that they aren't exactly difficult to make, just wondered that's all.

they can be mate, it ends up like a self hooking bolt rig for carp fishing, the fish runs off with the bait taking line and then hits a stop, ie your knot or trace link setting the hook- in theory anyway! make sure you use 2 beads either side of the lead link, to protect the knots. i use it uptiding and it seems to work pretty well!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
There are several schools of thought on bass rigs. You might like to think about using the least amount of lead that you can get away with. Hook holes in bass tend to enlarge and excess lead may pull the hook out if the fish runs at you. It's best to keep a fair amount of pressure on the fish.
The running ledger idea is supposed to stop the fish from feeling the weight of your lead but in real fishing situations that can be a bit dubious. You could use a swivel on your trace and a split ring to attach the lead rather than a drilled lead.

John

·
Registered
83 Posts
they can be mate, it ends up like a self hooking bolt rig for carp fishing, the fish runs off with the bait taking line and then hits a stop, ie your knot or trace link setting the hook- in theory anyway! make sure you use 2 beads either side of the lead link, to protect the knots. i use it uptiding and it seems to work pretty well!
Bang on Nick,
And if you connect the afore mentioned slightly differently, it becomes a pulley rig.

OCB

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
:g: dont know why you moved my post rob,you moved this,i commented on it yet you leave course fishing stuff there for a fortnight m8,reckon you need to reel in youre favourites head and take a breath.PICKFORDS is right enough,i await youre pm with delight:clap3:

·
Registered
79 Posts
It is actually not neccesary to say anything more on your question, Watersblue, but I want to post a link to a great rig. It is a running ledgjer rig, which is clipped ut. This rig can be tied to your shock leader - just as a "normal" rig. :)

Here it is: http://www.tackletactics.co.nz/Rig.html

I use a Relay clip in my rigs, and it works great. Sometimes it is very handy with clipped running ledger rigs, to make aerodynamic. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts