World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry about the delay in writing this post.
Decided to fish proctors (secret location) as a last gasp fishing trip, after hearing that South Fambridge is only producing small stuff. With my 1 packet of rag and 2 packets of squid I met Thames Rover around 10ish and proceded to fish the jetty near proctors. With one rod each and squid as bait the fish decided not to play sp I went rig hunting. 1 weight later and we were of to the secret location to try for bass and flounders. After setting up both rods with the typical size 2, 2 hook flappers with rag and squid it took 2-3 minutes before the rod tips were going mental. 1 schoolie bass each and the session looked good. The problem we had was that there was not enough worm bait as usually squid is the killer bait down there. Schoolies, flounders and eels were hitting the worm bait like there was no tommorow. I ended up with 1 schoolie, 1 flounder and 3 eels (biggest being a 1pound plus) Thames Rover ending up with 4-5 eels and 2-3 schoolies.

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
next time I go up that way i will save my eels for you. I will pm you when I have enough

D

·
0 Posts
Sorry about the delay in writing this post.
Decided to fish proctors (secret location) as a last gasp fishing trip, after hearing that South Fambridge is only producing small stuff. With my 1 packet of rag and 2 packets of squid I met Thames Rover around 10ish and proceded to fish the jetty near proctors. With one rod each and squid as bait the fish decided not to play sp I went rig hunting. 1 weight later and we were of to the secret location to try for bass and flounders. After setting up both rods with the typical size 2, 2 hook flappers with rag and squid it took 2-3 minutes before the rod tips were going mental. 1 schoolie bass each and the session looked good. The problem we had was that there was not enough worm bait as usually squid is the killer bait down there. Schoolies, flounders and eels were hitting the worm bait like there was no tommorow. I ended up with 1 schoolie, 1 flounder and 3 eels (biggest being a 1pound plus) Thames Rover ending up with 4-5 eels and 2-3 schoolies.
well done mate,i'm off out to a local spot in the river near here tomorrow....dave.

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good luck Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts