World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on the north coast of Cornwall knows how this winds been today.
I watched 2 old dears nearly get blown over by the wind outside morrisons this morning...full on!!!
I get I call from my bud... am I fishing later it's a bit wild out there!!!
Winds ok...combine that with driving rain, prob go but it makes the terrain v.scetchy..see how it look closer to the time.
No rain all day...eat early and climb down to the mark just as the lights falling..but the winds super hectic.
See northcoast tucked in behind some cover already fishing away.
First cast into a patch of water I know holds fish but the winds putting a huge bow in the line and keeping the lure to high, bring it back.
Climb right down to water level to get that lure down and punch it into the wind..let the lure down...wind the slack, lift the lure off the bottom..6 turns of the handle and thump.
Straight away I know this is a good fish.
It runs right to left with the flow..and keeps going, try and slow it down but no stopping it in this flow...
I start freaking out, there's a large knuckle of rock to my left and if it gets past that it's game over...as soon as the braid touches that it's gone.
Put as much pressure as I dare on it, thumb over the spool..the fish stays deep and is now right on the end of this knuckle of rock...doesn't go past it but I can't move it.
Stay locked like this for a couple of minutes..stalemate.
Then it swims back towards me against the flow...pile the pressure on now and bring it out of the flow into the shallows and it's at my feet.
Go for a lip grab but can't any grip so have to gill it.
It's a great fish..
Give northcoast the whistle!!!
Lip hooked perfect, hook literally drops out as soon as the tensions off..couple of snaps and back she goes. Couple of moody kicks of the tail and it's gone..I'm buzzing!!!:)
Fish Fishing Bass Fish Striper bass

Strong great conditioned Bass that one;)
Settle myself down a bit and carry on fishing but the lights fading fast. I'm set for a night session, got the full kit with me but the winds heavy and I'm ready to get home in time to put the little'ns to bed.
Have a couple more before I leave..
Sky Mountain Cloud Photography Landscape

Fish Bass Fishing Recreation Barramundi

See northcoasts headtorch moving out so I leave to catch up with him.
Turns out he had 2 early 50's, and he's proper chuffed..have a chat and a chuckle on the way back to the vehicles..top bloke.
Stop off on the way home and grab myself a beer...nice:)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Anyone on the north coast of Cornwall knows how this winds been today.
I watched 2 old dears nearly get blown over by the wind outside morrisons this morning...full on!!!
I get I call from my bud... am I fishing later it's a bit wild out there!!!
Winds ok...combine that with driving rain, prob go but it makes the terrain v.scetchy..see how it look closer to the time.
No rain all day...eat early and climb down to the mark just as the lights falling..but the winds super hectic.
See northcoast tucked in behind some cover already fishing away.
First cast into a patch of water I know holds fish but the winds putting a huge bow in the line and keeping the lure to high, bring it back.
Climb right down to water level to get that lure down and punch it into the wind..let the lure down...wind the slack, lift the lure off the bottom..6 turns of the handle and thump.
Straight away I know this is a good fish.
It runs right to left with the flow..and keeps going, try and slow it down but no stopping it in this flow...
I start freaking out, there's a large knuckle of rock to my left and if it gets past that it's game over...as soon as the braid touches that it's gone.
Put as much pressure as I dare on it, thumb over the spool..the fish stays deep and is now right on the end of this knuckle of rock...doesn't go past it but I can't move it.
Stay locked like this for a couple of minutes..stalemate.
Then it swims back towards me against the flow...pile the pressure on now and bring it out of the flow into the shallows and it's at my feet.
Go for a lip grab but can't any grip so have to gill it.
It's a great fish..
Give northcoast the whistle!!!
Lip hooked perfect, hook literally drops out as soon as the tensions off..couple of snaps and back she goes. Couple of moody kicks of the tail and it's gone..I'm buzzing!!!:)
View attachment 316427

Strong great conditioned Bass that one;)
Settle myself down a bit and carry on fishing but the lights fading fast. I'm set for a night session, got the full kit with me but the winds heavy and I'm ready to get home in time to put the little'ns to bed.
Have a couple more before I leave.. View attachment 316428

View attachment 316429

See northcoasts headtorch moving out so I leave to catch up with him.
Turns out he had 2 early 50's, and he's proper chuffed..have a chat and a chuckle on the way back to the vehicles..top bloke.
Stop off on the way home and grab myself a beer...nice:)
Hazy. Killing it mate.

·
Registered
8,157 Posts
A stonker and thoroughly deserved! :cool:

Reactions: bruvahaze

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Well told fishy adventure, and awesome fish. The other Marc has got to be just a tad miffed at the mo lol

Are you still using the old SP's

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
Well done hazy do u know roughly what it went
Stonking fish mate
Just wished I live near u lols bazz

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Crazy stuff Marc, awesome fishing

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
well done marc your realy punishing poor jamie now
but i dont blame you if there still about .
maybe this global warming ,even we might start to get a longer season .
lol i doubt it though .
they wouldnt get through the cod and whitings to get a look in

·
Registered
356 Posts
Your an animal bruv fair play. Your skill and effort is second to none!!

Cracking fish and report as always. If anyone deserves a big double its you matey ;)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Just thought id give you all a heads up....

Theres an awsome job going at cornwall college/plymouth university....

Good rate of pay pension etc... youll be in charge of two labs and a fish house, loads of awsome toys, state of the art av equipment/cameras. Perks include overseas field trips and really fun ecology, marine conservation work....ffs you even get to play with monkeys in the zoo!!!

Ive given up work.... i cant take it anymore....20years experience and 7years study just to be reduced to tears everytime i go on wsf and see this barrage of catch reports 3mins drive from my doorstep....i cant take it anymore!

Anouther nice fish BH....i truly am soooo happy for you

1 - 20 of 37 Posts