World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy some decent protective/waterproof clothing. Has anyone any recommendations with regard to make or quality. I do not like very bulky clothing, preferring layers as a preference. I think a flotation jacket from a safety point of view would be best, but wonder if they are very bulky.

Regards

Fred

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Fred,

Well! as much as I would love to wear a flotation suit, I cannot find one to fit me. My leg measurement is only 29" and all the flotation suits that I have tried are miles too long. I have written to all the manufacturers and asked if they would be willing to make a short one for me or if they would be prepared to take up the legs. Some answered, informing me that it would cost too much, but the majority never replied.

In the end I contacted Titan and they came up with the goods. Not only did they make one to measure, there was no extra charge. I will admit that it is not a flotation suit, but it it 100% waterproof and breathable. In my opinion the best thing since sliced bread. As I charter fish most of the time, I wear a life jacket over the top for safety reasons. It is extremely warm and comfortable.

In the summer I take a Titan waterproof smock with me for rainy days, with a light pair of waterproof golfing trowsers. When its dry, I use a Titan cotton smock. When I receive a good deal from a company I tend so stick with them. During last winter, the front of my waterproof smock was eaten my mice. (it was left in my garage) Titan repaired it for a few pounds, and returned it as good as new.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drew

I'm another 29" inside leg. Do you have a contact number or e-mail address for Titan.

Thanks

Fred

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drew

Many thanks for your help. The trousers on the web give waist sizes, but not leg measurement. I shall ring them Monday and have a chat.

Thanks

Fred

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Beefcake,

Excellent clothing for rainy days, but not so good for cold winter days 40 - 60 miles out at sea.

Have you decided on our day out from Portsmouth?

Cheers

Drew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts