World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WE arrived in scrabster yesterday morning all excited after last weeks great day out. well what we were to experience was nothing short of dream fishing. we were fishing away got a few mackerel just a normal day when i caught a octopus now not Knowing to me davy can speak the language:clap2::clap2:. for some reason this disturbed me a little and for the first time i did some ground baiting.:nonono:felt great again after ten minutes and davy came out and said my friend the octopus has told me what rigs to use and where to go so lines up everyone.

next was to be something ill be lucky to experience again for a long time. a nice 10.5lb ling which :clap::clap:yes i did go on about for quite some time and will carry on going on about for a long time. poor gerrys record was smashed but the way that man fished he was nothing short of hero.

the haul and i mean the haul...

solid all day pulling up 5,6,7lb ling and cod. no breaks just solid fish. it was quite something amazing. we had boxs of fish that was so so so so impressive. now this thread is not to desend into the rights of keeping fish as all fish have been distrubuted amongst my family.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: must thank davy again for a special day out amazing craic and amazing fishing.

prity tired so ill put some pics up now and some more later. ps think the we fish is lsss can anyone confirm.

Attachments

·
Registered
752 Posts
Great catch report Marty fantastic day out by the looks of it qualtity ling. How did jerry take his record being smashed.

jim

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sounds like a superb days fishing, gutted I missed it now!

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
another cracking day out on the stormdrift ,davey is spoiling you lads.nice to see all those lovely porgie attractors swimming about up there ,im thinking the porgies will be well fed this year !
well done on the pb ling,thats a cracking fish.
cheers rab

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
great sesh again up there guys its really fishing well up there just now wish it was a bit closer need to try and get up again davy texts me when spaces are available which is good of him to do that but have always something else to do or already arranged fishing somewhere else think i would be better just to book a day onboard then know i will be going ayejerrys going to be going all out now to beat that ling cracker well done again to everyone.

·
Registered
515 Posts
yeah like Marty says it was a great days fishing:fishing1:.
When i saw the bend on Marty's rod i knew it was a good fish,it even had another big hook with a wire trace and bit of braid in its mouth
but it didnt get away this time, well done m8:clap3:
i got which i thought was going to be a cracking pollock on the spinning rod, but it turned out to be a pollock double 4-5lbs each also got some nice ling, never seen so much ling coming to the boat and then later the cod put in a good show with the biggest around 7.5lbs,
the only thing that never showed up was Brian who slept in:g:
and he did miss a cracking day out.
thanks again davey you know you are the bestest:notworthy:notworthy skipper out of Scrabster and your next task is to put me over a bigger ling than marty's,......i know you can:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jerry it would be nice to see you smash the boats pb,

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Well done Marty nice Ling :clap:

Sounds like you all had a great day out and some nice fillets for taking home...

Steven

1 - 15 of 15 Posts