World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, staying at this place on Mallorca the first week in June and wondered if there are any decent shore marks nearby. I am only packing a tele Shimano spinning outfit but wondered what terminal tackle I will need and what I may catch. I ain`t after anything startling but somewher to get me away from sunbathing on the beach with the family etc.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Hi Tusk
Garyagreen, one of the forum members used to live on Majorca, but has recently moved to Denmark. Gary's an excellent source of information regarding the island so, if he doesn't pick up your post, you may want to contact him using the site's Private Message facility.

Then there are the previous posts that you can pick up using the forum's search facility. It's best if you're 'pointing' at the European forum and, as well as using Mallorca as the search criteria it's worth also using the other form of spelling, Majorca. Here's one such example that may be of use - http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52946&highlight=Majorca.

Hope that's of some help. Once you're back though can you please post a note of your experiences? Good or bad all posts help others in building up a picture of what the fishing's like.
Many Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello
I had a great time fishing in Puerto Pollensa a couple of summers ago, straight out from the Pine Walk and about 300 yards to the left of the marina as you look from the shore. Just wade out (recommend trainers due to jaggy coral/rocks) and stand on submerged rocks, you can get out quite a bit due to it being fairly shallow - I took my boy out with me he was only 8 at time so water isn't deep.
We float fished with bread, squid and bits of mackerel and had a some brilliant catches - most came to bread.
We had 2 very, very silver fish (so silver it looked like a mirror) that were round like dinner plates that fought like mental and weighed an easy 3lb, we also had 3 very big mullet - in the 4lb+ bracket, loads of stripy fish about 6-8ozs that fought like mad and also loads of mullet in the 1lb bracket.
Even though the beach was busy nobody bothered us at all, we both absolutely loved it.
So light tackle and size 8-10 trout fishing hooks with a decent gape, a smallish float, 6lb line and fish it no more than 4 feet below the surface and you'll do well.
Good luck and happy hols.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts