World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys and Girls
I bought myself a new bait pump to start getting my own fresh baits.. i have asked the question before but did not get any answer due to secrecy and people don't feel comfortable giving away their little spot, but I am in need of a huge favour.
My working hours doesn't always let me get out at low tide when there a big tide.. which leads me to this question..
Where can I dig for bait when theres small tide.. message me if you feel more comfortable, but would help me alot
Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,220 Posts
Hi Get some tide tables of the areas for Worthing to Eastbourne, yes it not always easy when you are working, same for most people, but you do need low water, theres normally two a day and spring tides are best and on the ebb get down a couple hours before if you can, before the low water, i don't know the area so i can't help you, so there no secrecy, and it's hard work, you have to do a bit of homework for yourself, to find the best areas, it's all part of bait digging fishing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Get some tide tables of the areas for Worthing to Eastbourne, yes it not always easy when you are working, same for most people, but you do need low water, theres normally two a day and spring tides are best and on the ebb get down a couple hours before if you can, before the low water, i don't know the area so i can't help you, so there no secrecy, and it's hard work, you have to do a bit of homework for yourself, to find the best areas, it's all part of bait digging fishing.
Thank you mate! I did exactly what you have said and safe to say, I am very happy with my performance and will keep at it!!

Reactions: Colin Chaplin

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well done mate and keep it up! Where did you go? I thought you could just find a beach with casts and away you go?
Yes it was indeed but where i live i dont think all the beach dry out at spring tide.. i have been couple places now.. hove.. pevensey and will try newhaven and Eastbourne soon..

Reactions: Colin Chaplin

·
Premium Member
8,220 Posts
Nice one well done glad it worked out for you, hopefully now you can find the good spots, that will keep you in with some bait, one other thing high and low pressure can effect the water levels at low water. all the best.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it was indeed but where i live i dont think all the beach dry out at spring tide.. i have been couple places now.. hove.. pevensey and will try newhaven and Eastbourne soon..
Where in worthing can u pump worms? Just wondered.....lol.
Don't think its do able in worthing.. haven't tried it yet.. but if it works i will let u know

·
Registered
619 Posts
Don't think its do able in worthing.. haven't tried it yet.. but if it works i will let u know
I'll save you the time and effort. It Don't work on worthing beaches, never has done ,too gritty, and the majority are blow lug. And the beaches are mostly rock due to storms in the past washed a lot of the sand away. . Have to head East for blacks & yellow tails.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll save you the time and effort. It Don't work on worthing beaches, never has done ,too gritty, and the majority are blow lug. And the beaches are mostly rock due to storms in the past washed a lot of the sand away. . Have to head East for blacks & yellow tails.
Thanks pal!! I will focus on the east side!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts