World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi lads
what is the best non polluting way to lubricate a bait pump? on mine it says lubricate with water,
i've heard that washing up liquid pollutes the sand.
i've been told that vegatable oil is best but i'm not sure i don't wanna pollute
the beach please help

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
washing up liquid is bad new as it damages the rubber seal. Same as it wrecks your wipers on the car. KY eh lol explain that to the mrs after leaving the sex shop.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I wouldn't use washing up liquid if you paid me. Fish absolutely hate the taste of it. An old FW match angling cheat used to be to get a squirt of dilute fairy into your opponents groundbait - garanteed to kill his swim for hours. I wouldnt rist tainting my bait with it.
I use veg oil or WD40 as it evapourates.

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
Washing up liquid contains salt, and salt as we all know means corrosion. Why not use fish oil as a lube? :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
It may help - I met a lad at FiveBarGate last year - he showed me his washers (hmmm nice) they were made from the closed-cell foam used in swimming aids / camping mats 6 to 10 mm thick.

Made me own up - fantastic - no black sticky mess - no arm wrenching - - pure bliss - uses hardly any veggie oil - I changed the tubing to plasic hose pipe as well - now super smooth and clean as a whistle . . . . .. . and free (if you keep you eyes open)

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
It may help - I met a lad at FiveBarGate last year - he showed me his washers (hmmm nice) they were made from the closed-cell foam used in swimming aids / camping mats 6 to 10 mm thick.

Made me own up - fantastic - no black sticky mess - no arm wrenching - - pure bliss - uses hardly any veggie oil - I changed the tubing to plasic hose pipe as well - now super smooth and clean as a whistle . . . . .. . and free (if you keep you eyes open)
Quality tip! Gonna give that one a go.:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
vegtable oil is the best, fairy liquid is not environmental friendly for the beach

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi lads (& lassies) just joined, Formby fella here...I've read a lot about the lubricating of pumps thinking of getting one, is sea water OK if used every few pumps?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts