World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Lads (and lassies) Formby Fella here, just joined. I have been reading a lot about bait pump lubrication and wondered if sea water would be OK if used after so many pumps?

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
thanks for giving good advice danix . some people do,nt even bother to think about which lube causes the least harm, obviously you do:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Banned
549 Posts
Hi Lads (and lassies) Formby Fella here, just joined. I have been reading a lot about bait pump lubrication and wondered if sea water would be OK if used after so many pumps?
washing up liquid every time mate, veg oil perishes the seals!!!! also if you can get a silicone washer and replace the washer they come with as they are TONS better!!! some of the lads on here do them but not sure who!!!

hth, tightlines
alan

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
use washing up liquid mate it will make it allot easyer oil is sticky and gets glogged with sand plus its usefull for wasing your hands after pumpin.................... just squirt some down try and then try the oil know which one i prefer tight lines tony c

·
Registered
522 Posts
Watered down washing up liquid for me, i find if you have got the 6 individual washers in, liquid doesn't hold the sand as much as oil. Then again i use a silicon washer.

You can also buy biodegradable washing up liquid, [ Bio-d washing up liquid, 1 ltr.
Washing up liquid - hypoallergenic and environmentally friendly. A natural detergent made from, citric acid and vegetable glycerine. 1 ltr. bottle.] price 99p

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
good shout lads washing up liquid seems to be the best stuff .... i have spoke to 1 or 2 lads that do it all the time and they use it .... but it woz sed on the forum a bit ago that liquid poluts the beaches .. that must be a load of b.................................ll ... yeh ..........

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
the amount of washing up liquid you use is very tiny , its also watered down , and it goes above the pump washers not below , its only there to allow the washer to slide up and down in the tube, so as far as polluting the beaches goes , i think thats an overstatement
cuberd

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
good shout lads washing up liquid seems to be the best stuff .... i have spoke to 1 or 2 lads that do it all the time and they use it .... but it woz sed on the forum a bit ago that liquid poluts the beaches .. that must be a load of b.................................ll ... yeh ..........
it seems as though i may have to bow to your superior knowledge bushy, although if you read connorhope,s reply you might learn something. as for polluting bait beds with lubricants of cetain kinds being bo---cks ------- research it, yeah:uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
hia fella .... glad you got your answer .. me and a mate are knew to pumping and we used liquid ......... p.s.... no nerve hit on my behalf ......... i woz just stateing a piont ............. c.u... soon ...........

·
Registered
15 Posts
it seems as though i may have to bow to your superior knowledge bushy, although if you read connorhope,s reply you might learn something. as for polluting bait beds with lubricants of cetain kinds being bo---cks ------- research it, yeah:uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh:
Oh hell fire !!! Arl this tark of washin up liquid an lubricants an pumpin from winciet sorry a mean Steviet has got me confused . Look lads I'm just a simple country lad whoos just started fishin and I dant wanner git involved in arl this other stuff that tha does on thees sand dune beeches . A thought maybe I cud come when your all together fishin a match and get a few basic tips off yers all but I wouldn't know who was who ?? I tak it that old chuka is ald fella to young chuka an winciet is partnered to this fishy fella but how do i reconise ya ? Do wincy (ya don't mind mi callin ya that duz tha Steviet?) an fisshy fella wear pink waders an leather waist cooets an them flowered swimmin caps ? Wud tha bi willin ta wave tha hands when tha sees mi ( dont mean if thas still holdin hands, a means yes spare hand like) an then I can just watch yoo pro's fishin an then when yoos dissapeer t t doons , me an mi huski's will doo 1 , rapid like , if ya naas wot a mean like!:kissing: :kissing: :uhuh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts