World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Thames at Purfleet Marshes today with Basshunter 007 (Pete), Beno and his mate Paul and Whatawhopper who just came for some casting practice.

Started 2 hours before high tide and the flood was dire with Pete getting 2 schoolies and me a small flounder. At high tide Beno and Paul headed off to Sussex in pursuit of hounds with Whatawhopper long gone (we think to the same place). Anyway we dark siders are used to a bit of hardship so Pete and I moved a few hundred yards as our original spot was soon too shallow as the ebb was now in full swing.

The new spot proved much better with Pete getting a sizable bass and then a double shot of a good eel and a sizable sole. I then woke up and had a sizable flounder

This was followed by a sizable sole and then a bass of 2lb closely followed by its identical twin. Another sole followed and both of us had some smaller schoolies. What looked like a crap day turned out to be a decent one.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
well done nice bit of super there do the fish taste muddy or not???captin bob:victory:

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only the flounders and mullet from my experience Captin. the other fish I think are migratory. Certainly the sole, cod, bass and whiting taste fine...Don't know about the eels, either give em away or chuck back!

well done nice bit of super there do the fish taste muddy or not???captin bob:victory:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Well done boys, at least Pete shared the fish with you this time John:laugh:
Did you catch on lug, rag or squid?

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I caught both my bass on your 'super rag'. Cant remember the flatties, could have been either rag or lug.

Well done boys, at least Pete shared the fish with you this time John:laugh:
Did you catch on lug, rag or squid?

·
Registered
842 Posts
looks like a good trip and also a good trip they had to Ferring......how did you get past the crabs up there?? am i missing something??lol...

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
nice report miz and pics, yes your right did go to sunny sussex will post in morn as im knackerd:crazy:

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There aren't any.....not sure where all this talk of loads of crabs comes from. The only place on the North side of the river where crabs seem to be a real pain is tilbury and only in certain areas

looks like a good trip and also a good trip they had to Ferring......how did you get past the crabs up there?? am i missing something??lol...

·
Registered
842 Posts
Aparently Gravesend is pretty unfishable because of the crabs...makes sense seeing as its opposite Tilbury...also everytime i have fished the Medway recently its been the same story.......mind you some days worse than others.....

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Try looking further upriver on your side, Greenhithe, Earith, Thamesmead
I know bass are being caught. look for areas of firmish mud with a drop off close to the shore and there should be sole and bass. You might only get an hour or so when the fish are there so it can be pretty balls aching to work it out but hopefully worthwhile.

Aparently Gravesend is pretty unfishable because of the crabs...makes sense seeing as its opposite Tilbury...also everytime i have fished the Medway recently its been the same story.......mind you some days worse than others.....

·
Registered
236 Posts
good to meet you two guys yesterday miz. glad the fishing picked up after we left, (i told you i had a hex on me!) we three did go down to the coast and all caught hounds mate. I am sure terry and ben will be posting reports soon.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Paul
unless you had the power to hold the tide back I'm sure it was just coincidence that it picked up after you left!

In reality all the keepers that we had came in about an hours spell, surprisingly the sole fed in a strong ebb rather at top or bottom.

good to meet you two guys yesterday miz. glad the fishing picked up after we left, (i told you i had a hex on me!) we three did go down to the coast and all caught hounds mate. I am sure terry and ben will be posting reports soon.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks Tel...good fun this photos lark...I nicked the wifes camera a couple of weeks ago and she hasn't missed it yet. Better wipe off the mud and worm juice before we go on holiday...

couple of pics for you miz lol

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Well done fellas was nice to see you for a good chat , not much going on when we were there probably over gunning it with me big 3/0's ,glad to see you get into the action on the ebb.
see you both soon .

·
Registered
239 Posts
Great report Miz. I didnt know that you could get down to the thames there. Is it easy to get too?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts