World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought an old fashioned shrimp push net off E-Bay, with all intents and purposes to use it to collect shrimps, obviously and hopefully, sandeels e.t.c. Which will then end up as Bass bait..

Is anybody well versed in the arts of using one of these things? If so got any hints and tips..

I'm trying to work out what the maximum mesh size I can get away with when after the lightning quick sandeels.. I'm quite looking forward to getting free bait all Summer..

Cheers

Dan T

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Hi Dante.If you look in the bait and tackle forum there's all the information on how to use a pushnet and what you can expect to trawl up.
watch the weaver's!!!!!!
good luck Spratty :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Spratty..

Thats a pretty comprehensive bit of info.. I think the one I've purchased has too larger mesh for the sandeels..
I might have a crack a building one like the fella in the picture has..
I knew I kept that old keepnet for a reason!

I know from painful experience about handling Weavers.. I do feel sorry for the poor old Weaver though, the amount of Weaver heads you can see along the coast is bad news. A nifty bit of work with the forceps is all thats required.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that Spitfire66..

The push nets on the link look exactly like the one I've bought.. The colapseable traps look a higher quality than many others I've seen elsewhere... Might invest..

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
glad I could be of assistance Dan.This site realy is packed with useful info if you know where to look,and if you can't find what you need to know just ask,somebody is bound to help if they can
Spratty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts