World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel a little foolish posting this but here goes...Recentley ive started pushing all my casts to the right even though i dont seem to be anything differently..i used to be arrow straight but over the past few months ive started going a little off line..My distance doesnt seem to be affected and the trajectory is good..Is it just my release thats a fraction early?..What can i do to correct it?..Is it just a case of aiming further left?..Can you keep the answers simple as im a bit dim at times.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
im no expert but try shortening your drop a little ,should bring it back to line ,although 5 degree right off centre i think is best anyway!? and also check your not getting spool slip. I have small hands and with a fully loaded reel i have trouble gripping it, the harder i hit the worse it gets. Maybe you have changed the line or filled it higher than normal. Some times i didnt even now i was doing it!. Good luck

·
Registered
206 Posts
Maybe you're a bit overconfident lately and speed things up too much.
Allways remember slow in fast out, if you pick up too much speed too soon in the cast. It will be hard to cast straight, cause your body isn't behind the rod yet and therefore the forces are too big to handle in that position to finish the cast the right way. Just take it a few steps back.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
normally if your your going to far to the right you are loading the rod to early which causes it to start to slip from under your thumb

but if your not to far to the right i wouldn,t worry about it

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I believe that Smoothy has got it right on this one.

Its difficult to give advice without actually seeing you cast though

for me... If i'm going right i slightly shorthen the drop - if i'm going left i lengthen it slightly.

Its not always this simple but it does help

If you are hitting a lead too early it will go low and left. If you lengthen the drop it will slow everything down and should straighten up.

I was told quite some time ago that if you are going slightly right of where you are aiming it is quite a good thing. As long as you are in court of course!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I had this problem a few weeks ago just as I was really finding some longer, slower casts happening.

I've adjusted my foot stance slightly to the left and now shoot straight again!

The other technique I've found for some extra distance, still in a straight line out, is to walk along the shingle, place the sinker down and walk on until line is taut (only a couple of paces!) and whip out an OTG cast in one movement, again no great speed. Nearly emptied spool on several occasions and it's such a relaxed cast!

Hope this helps someone else!!

S

·
Registered
314 Posts
i have suffered the same problem on the field and was told it is putting the power in to early as was mentioned before slow down and save the power for the final hit

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
Hi mate
I had this problem and found that it happened when I put in extra rotation.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ta for all the good advice..been offline for a week so just read my replies..Everything youve all been saying seems to slot together now..i think its a combination of my drop being a touch longer than it was n im putting the power in a bit too early...Im fishing tomorrow night so ill let you know how i get on..

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Remarkable..Im cured..A foot off the drop n slow things down a little and im back to normal, even in the dark with a side wind..Thank you everyone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts