World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm off to Putsborough for a few days surfing next week.
I am wondering if it is worth taking a rod or two just incase the surfing is naff.
If so, beachcaster or plugging rod?

Cheers, john.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I'm off to Putsborough for a few days surfing next week.
I am wondering if it is worth taking a rod or two just incase the surfing is naff.
If so, beachcaster or plugging rod?

Cheers, john.

if the surf is naff then the fishing wont be as good on the beach as it could be.2/3ft is perfect.although if you keep tight to the rocks theres the chance of dogs ,conger plus bass/small turbot and rays maybe..its still early in the year but big small eyes do come out from putsborough in spring!head up past the houses towards woolacombe past black rock and this is a known ray area,where there is no freshwater springs on the beach IMO..bass/turbot and the odd dab love the fresh water areas but the rays arnt fans.
puts seems to fish best on the last of the ebb and 3up,same as all the surf beaches and in total darkness!a bright moon kills fishing around here.decent sandeel is the best to use(keep it frozen till you need it),but lug is a killer for the schoolies(and ideal for a light rod).bigcrab,squid,mackerel baits for the bigger bass..

if its flat mate there is a few other options available to you nearby.

have a good one and look forward to a catch/surf report.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts