World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im staying at Putsborough again next week. Can anyone give me a heads up on the best chance of catching a fish?
Night/day? Rocks/sand? Bait/lure?
Thanks folks
John.

ps Is there much about at Crow point or the White house?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Im staying at Putsborough again next week. Can anyone give me a heads up on the best chance of catching a fish?
Night/day? Rocks/sand? Bait/lure?
Thanks folks
John.

ps Is there much about at Crow point or the White house?
Puts is easy to fish mate, but it still hasn't really taken off yet ... not too much about. Best full session at this time would be 2 down, 4 up — peak time isn't the low itself but usually between 2 and 3 hours into the flood.

Close in to the the cliff ("Long Bar") will give you bass in the surf, dogs, conger, the odd coalie etc. Walk ¼mile toward Woolacombe and fish below the big black rock at the top of the beach (er... "Black Rock") for the same bass plus smalleyed ray with squid or sandeel. These are just easy marks to spot on a plain beach, though - anywhere's fine.

Crow etc - anywhere in the estuary - will throw up dozens of schoolies to worms. I had one every single cast of the flood last night, but mostly small. There's always the chance of a better fish - they're in there for sure - but I haven't seen a decent one for a while now.

Just type Putsborough in the Search this Forum box and you'll get hundreds of reports.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
:) We aim to please.

Haven't done any spinning yet but got to be worth a go. Mackerel could be in already ... if not, any day now. Could also be worth the trek over the cliffs to the Croyde side of Baggy — plenty of kelp there to drag a sandeel over for the pollack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts