World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
You would be better using the rubber float stop or gripper stops and a sequin or make a stop from some silicone tube doubled over itself.
The putty tends to fall off unless its moulded around something.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
A long time ago I acquired two tins of .22 round lead ball from the gun shop, I use a pair of anvil secateurs to split them and I use them as bait stops and snood weights. Just as you would split shot.
Pinched around the hook length they are easily moved to accommodate different baits.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
would it work to use the putty that carp fishermen use to use as bait stop with sequin, it would also help keep bait on the bottom ?
What you mean like a power bait you use for trout, seen a guy on Roker pier using a feeder with different things. Could always try it and see the ratio to the second rod and see if it works. Tight lines

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
A long time ago I acquired two tins of .22 round lead ball from the gun shop, I use a pair of anvil secateurs to split them and I use them as bait stops and snood weights. Just as you would split shot.
Pinched around the hook length they are easily moved to accommodate different baits.
Have you not heard about the lead weight ban that includes no 6 shot up to 1oz ?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
^ did that also include saltwater? I thought it was only a freshwater ban.

The carp people have a spray on tungston liquid that dries flexible to the line/hook and will be better at weighting a snood to hold bottom.
Or look at the leadcore hooklength material if you want it pinned down firmer.

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
You can get lead free plumbers solder , snip it to required weight and fix with silicon tube .

Makes good mini pirks for lrf or dropshotting.

The lead ban was for angling, no mention of fresh or salt water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.