World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been toying with the idea for ages

was thinking of getting a couple of pounds of sprats or other small fish, and chopping them up and PVA bagging them when uptiding attach a bag of fish bits to the lead to get some blood and guts down when at low water.

would fish guts melt the bags ?

has anyone ever tried it ?

and did it work ?

also for uptiding with 4 ft traces, would tying the trace to the mainline with PVA string work to make casting easier and safer on the boat ?

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
Yes I've tried it. The bags dissolve OK but the tide washes the contents away from your hookbait which defeats the object. Works well in a tidal lagoon though. Try the mesh bags that you buy fruit in or a freshwater feeder. I've had some good results with these.

As for uptiding, hook the trace over a gripwire. ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually do that anyway with the wires, just thought PVA-ing it up to the main line would be both safer and get you a bit more distance.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Try the washing tablet bags that come with persil,attach to snap swivel and slide down line or use a bait feeder attched to line before casting.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Made my own PVA tape and used it to tie back large baits above the weight to improve cast distance - this was around 1964/5 and I can't remember whether it made and significant difference to catches (probably not or I would have carried on with it!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts