World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
firstly hello all
what i would like to know is i am heading down to pwhelli this week and fancy sneaking the rod's in the car and would like to know where to try and for what species to catch from the shore there and i've been told about black bream being caught from the shore and would like to try for them any help on what tactic's to try and are there any mackrel to be caught from the shore there
any help will be much appriceated

·
Registered
11,136 Posts
welcome to the site.

off the beach use a 2 hook rig for the bream qwith size 2 hooks on it. add a couple of beads above the hooks. worms with squid strips should work. at nigt expect lots of dogfish.

this time last year the local kids were getting loads of mackerel on feathers off the beach. the fish were at times only 20 ft out.

you will also have a chance of a ray this time of year to fish baits.

good luck and let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
If you are in that area,Try llanbedrog beach, its 10 minsaway heading towards abersoch, was there last year and the bass were swimming around my feet when i waded out at low water. all the reports say fish the edges of the beach but I fished in the middle, at low water you can wade out several hundred yards and i did quite well with 2 bass oves 6lb on rag.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank's alot for the info lads:) i can't wait now sound's like there is a good mix of speices from there to try for alot of which i haven't caught before as for the bass though i think i'll throw some plug's in aswell now:idea:

·
Registered
5 Posts
For the black bream try a two hook clipped up rig with smallish hooks - size 4. Baited with strips of mackeral belly [the white bit] works a treat, good luck.

·
Registered
176 Posts
firstly hello all
what i would like to know is i am heading down to pwhelli this week and fancy sneaking the rod's in the car and would like to know where to try and for what species to catch from the shore there and i've been told about black bream being caught from the shore and would like to try for them any help on what tactic's to try and are there any mackrel to be caught from the shore there
any help will be much appriceated
Are the Black bream good to eat and how do you cook them. I will be up for the next two weeks and will be targetting them. I like to eat what I catch.

·
Registered
11,136 Posts
how should i try to target one off them as that would be another species i have'nt caught
they can take feathers or spinners but floatfishing a size 6 hook on a 4ft, 10lb hooklength with a thin strip of mackerel belly will get them. i sometimes slide a float down my mainline if fishing the big rod out. on your bottom rig use a popped up hooklength again with belly on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank's to everyone for all the info:clap3: i tried to put it to good use but blanked at gimlet (twice:schmoll:)and decided to try the harbour entrance i hooked a bream but lost it on the suface as my lead jammed in the rock's and only caught a little bootlace to save a blank but to top it of it wrecked my new grey's rig aswell :unsure: but i'm back down there next month for another go at them so finger's crossed i'll get a bream

·
Registered
642 Posts
I am afraid the mackerel seem quite wide spread at the moment and although it might be worth chucking your feathers out a few times, I wouldn't count on it! Take an alternative bait, just in case!

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi, i fancy giving pwhelli beach a whirl for bream with light tackle. does anyone know if a 2lb test curve rod with 10lb line a 2oz weight would be anygood. cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts