World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toddled off to Burry Port on Saturday because I'd heard there were peelers about - and some - a mere 1/2 hour turning rocks got me 20 prime specimens;) - enough for tonight I thought so packed up and went home. Early evening thought I'd give Pwll a go as it was still a bit windy and it's nice and sheltered there. Got to the mark and there were 3 guys there already, it was about an hour to high water and they were just packing up not having had a bite all day, being the kind soul I am I told them that it fishes better on the ebb but they had to leave anyway so I took their place and set up, 2 hook flapper with half a softie on each hook and away I went. "20 minutes later first bite, first Bass of the year, nice plump Schoolie of about a pound, he went back and after that it was non stop, I didn't have a fishless cast and also picked up a Flounder on the last cast, had to pack up about 9ish as I'd run out of bait, lost count of numbers but they all went back, including a couple in the 2 pound range:)

Thought I'd do the same Sunday, but someone must have been through B.P. with a crab Hoover, 2 hours of searching netted me around a dozen crab all much smaller than the day before:(, Kicking myself for not picking more Saturday I once more set off for Pwll. What a difference a day makes - was having loads of little bites but couldn't connect with anything, then as darkness fell the bites started coming thick and fast but didn't look like any fishbites I'd seen, until I realised that the colony of bats picking off insects above my head were continually flying into my line (so much for bloody echo location). By now I was holding my rod in the hope of actually connecting with something when I felt a definite pull, couple of minutes later a nice 3lber was on the rocks which came home with me - it was the only thing I caught all night. Incidentally when I cleaned it it was stuffed full of Maddies

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
bats are a pain in the arse!have the same problem on the river!imagine its dark,your holding your rod and...whack,hell of a pull!theres me thinking theres a salmon messing about,ill have you i thought,then......whack,struck as soon as i felt it all i felt was a big bunch of worms flying past my head!!about 10 times this happened before i clicked what was happening!!!!!!!!DOH!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts