World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Three Herrings beach rover on 14th August 3pm to 9pm. Low tide was around 7:30pm.

The times of the competition were not perfect so we decided to fish Pwllheli beach next to the rock (its also not far for Bob to walk from the car with all his tackle.......shhhh !!).

Stopped off at Llyn Angling for bait before the match, can't beat fresh bait, especially on a Sunday. Thanks Tom.

Set up close to "Fraggle Rock" and started with feathers hoping for a mackerel or two but no luck so switched to 3 hook flappers with size 4 hooks and lobbed both rods out baited with Mackerel Sand eel and Rag Worm. Thought I would start with a different bait on each hook to see what the fish wanted for dinner.

First customer was a Bream on Bob's rod falling to mackerel strips, soon after I had a Double header in the form of a Dogfish on the mackerel and a Dab on the rag.

Then we were blessed by the Deadly weever fish within minutes of each other. Bob followed his weever with a Blenny. I had wopping bite from a good sized Bream using sandeel followed by a small Blenny as well. Bob added three more Dogfish.

For what felt like a slow day, we did ok on species and at the end of the match Bob took 2nd place and I took 3rd.

PWLLHELI BREAM

Fish Caught
4 Dogfish
2 Bream
1 Dab
2 Blenny
2 Weaver

Bait
Mackerel
Sandeel
Rag Worm
Squid