World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bored with catching bass(not really)decided to go and catch my first bream today at pwllheli,arrived 3 hrs before high tide and stopped 1 hr after.used shrimp bait rig with a 3oz lead and a float 2ft above, fresh macky strips on each hook.started at west end of beach(dead end road) after two hours without a bite moved to the beach at gimlet,two hours there and not a sniff,didnt lose a morsel of my macky bait,so was this the wrong time to fish there tidewise or what? there were about ten people fishing at each end of the beach ,some feathering,some on the bottom,and nobody caught a single fish that i saw,so what was i doing wrong?also there were 4 boats fishing just off gimlets and they didnt seem to be catching anything at all either.some one did say its best as the tide turns from low coming back in ,is this true?any advice welcome as ive had to open a can of tuna for dinner tonight..........

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no seals.the buggers couldnt keep up with the car when they heard i was heading down the lleyn,or did they know something i didnt,like there aint much to eat down there anyway haaaaaaa.did see some lobster coloured creatures shaped like humans though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi, I fished pwllheli in a boat today 8am to 4.00pm managed to catch about 25 mack 1 dog no bream no tope, fished by islands, outer shoals, very clear water could see about 25/30ft into water maybe to clear?
anyway crap day when you can't even catch dogs

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
unlucky but like you said nice day too fish shame there was no fish shaggy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts