World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished pwllheli last friday night, from low up to high. we had vertually every bait possible with us due to the very low tides during the week, so we reckoned we were in with a shout!! fished two rods one in short and one at long range, close in rod tackled up with a new rig that i saw in one of the angling monthlies, A "sheppy rig" man it lived up to its name!!!! never caught so many doggies in one session 84!!!!! in six hours. My long range rod went out with a 2/0 pennel on a 4ft clipped down trace baited with razor/king rag and fresh lug. was getting plagued with dogs on this too, so tried something different a whole squd stuffed with lug and tied closed with elastic! it did the trick doggies eased off and just before high water in came the first bass of 07, only 2lb schoolie but hey a bass, so hands a tremble out into the darkness went another stuffed squid. mean while the short range rod produced a brace of dabs followed by another brace of dabs. As i'd just set the short range rod back on the tripod my long range rod nearly shot off the tripod, grabbed it expecting to feel some thing substancial on the other end but no!!! missed that one left it out in the hope i had'nt moved it to far from the fish, sure enough another tug on the rod tip, struck hard, slight resistance this time and in came bass no 2 a shade over 2lb.
both bass returned to fight another day. still got a grin on me face:) between four of us we had 236 doggies!!!! 9dabs 8 small whiting, 4 rockling and 2 BASS.
probably catch bugger all next trip!!! but hey thats fishin for ya

·
Registered
644 Posts
Well done matey,nice report there where abouts were you fishing gimblit rock, harbour entrance? glad you had a good session with a couple of silvers as well,it Can`t be bad well done once again,Del.

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
fished pwllheli last friday night, from low up to high. we had vertually every bait possible with us due to the very low tides during the week, so we reckoned we were in with a shout!! fished two rods one in short and one at long range, close in rod tackled up with a new rig that i saw in one of the angling monthlies, A "sheppy rig" man it lived up to its name!!!! never caught so many doggies in one session 84!!!!! in six hours. My long range rod went out with a 2/0 pennel on a 4ft clipped down trace baited with razor/king rag and fresh lug. was getting plagued with dogs on this too, so tried something different a whole squd stuffed with lug and tied closed with elastic! it did the trick doggies eased off and just before high water in came the first bass of 07, only 2lb schoolie but hey a bass, so hands a tremble out into the darkness went another stuffed squid. mean while the short range rod produced a brace of dabs followed by another brace of dabs. As i'd just set the short range rod back on the tripod my long range rod nearly shot off the tripod, grabbed it expecting to feel some thing substancial on the other end but no!!! missed that one left it out in the hope i had'nt moved it to far from the fish, sure enough another tug on the rod tip, struck hard, slight resistance this time and in came bass no 2 a shade over 2lb.
both bass returned to fight another day. still got a grin on me face:) between four of us we had 236 doggies!!!! 9dabs 8 small whiting, 4 rockling and 2 BASS.
probably catch bugger all next trip!!! but hey thats fishin for ya
wont great session u had :clap3: shaggy

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
good, busy session. well done

johny-mc fished there on wednesday and blanked:blink:

i think he might need some advice from you guys

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we fished to the left of the harbour entrance about 400yds along the beach, hard slog cos of the soft sand but worth it, yeh we had a hell of a lot of bait as the tides that week were really low, we managed to collect 102 razor in about two hours and we managed about 20 king rag, man that killed us

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
Well done, sounds like you had a good nights fishing ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts