World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watercraft Transport Boat Marina Speedboat
Vehicle Watercraft Boat Automotive parking light Alloy wheel

Hello, can anyone assist me with whats needed to fit a Windlass to my QS 640 weekender ? It a new boat to me and I also have the QS 500 Pilothouse next to the 640 ( now for sale ) the 500 was pretty east to walk-around to get to the anchor box, but the 640 has a very narrow walk way and when in a bit of chop makes for a very unpleasant passage to the 640 anchor box !!!

So, any assistance, advise would be highly appreciated.

Mageo

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
How about an Alderney ring and retrieve the anchor over the side of the boat into a big builders trugg? That is how I rigged my QS620 and it worked really well.

Just a simple, cost effective solution perhaps.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
How about an Alderney ring and retrieve the anchor over the side of the boat into a big builders trugg? That is how I rigged my QS620 and it worked really well.

Just a simple, cost effective solution perhaps.
I would second that suggestion.
A windlass on a proper angling boat just doesn't work. Too slow for anchoring in deep water. Even the new style of verticle drop windlass that allows freefall still retrieve at a painful rate.
I ditched the very high quality Lewmar windlass set up on my MF695 for these reasons and took up the Alderney technique.

Learn to use an Alderney set up. You'll never look back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts