World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for a bit of advice...

I bought 2 Qtc cages about 2 months ago..

Great bits of kit but one of them seems to rub the spool
And doesn't seem to quite fit the side plates quite flush.

Before I take it back to the guys at QTC... Any one got any
Suggestions??

Cheers

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Just looking for a bit of advice...I bought 2 Qtc cages about 2 months ago..Great bits of kit but one of them seems to rub the spoolAnd doesn't seem to quite fit the side plates quite flush.Before I take it back to the guys at QTC... Any one got anySuggestions??Cheers
Is it both sides? You sometimes find that one of the screw posts is very slightly out and just needs a bit of a tweek so the plate will sit on properly ... if one or both are not on properly that will off centre the spindle which would cause the rub.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Thanks Russ, one of them does not line up quite right and its very tight to get the screw cap into, i will have a play!! if not i may send it up to you if thats ok.
Yes sure no problems ... though the boys at QTC would be very helpful I'm sure if you wanted to let them know. Just be careful of the threads when tweaking ... patience is the name of the game :)

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
be careful mate I had the same problem with one of mine, tried to bend it into position but snapped it! luckily the lads at qtc were very helpful & they sorted it for me, Rob.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts