World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working in queensferry this week so iwas planing on having a chuck on thursday high tide is at 5ish in the afternoon and it a easterly wind has anybody had any success over there thanks

·
Premium Member
17,391 Posts
Yes very rough. Heavy heavy boulders exposed at low water. Still worth a try though but I do prefer North Queensferry at the slipway

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Have a wee go at this area for flatties at low tide.
Fish the flood, big casts not required and a cracking backdrop of the rail bridge.

965D25F0-1908-41DF-8A3C-F981B1C1FD36.jpeg

Cheers willie

Reactions: jay c

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately I finish work an hour before high water so I'm stuck with when I can fish I'm literally 2 mins from the FRB.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
You can try the last hr of the flood then the ebbing tide Jay, maybe try the next bay to the left on the photo. You straight onto sand.
The mark I’ve highlighted you need the low to get onto it. Always found fishing for flatties was better on the flood, although you can catch them at any tide state.

Cheers willie

Unfortunately I finish work an hour before high water so I'm stuck with when I can fish I'm literally 2 mins from the FRB.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can try the last hr of the flood then the ebbing tide Jay, maybe try the next bay to the left on the photo. You straight onto sand.
The mark I’ve highlighted you need the low to get onto it. Always found fishing for flatties was better on the flood, although you can catch them at any tide state.

Cheers willie
Cheers man much appreciated.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Hawes pier is a cracking spot for mackerel in the warmer weather with thousands of baitfish around , definitely worth a try for other things , let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Hawes pier is a cracking spot for mackerel in the warmer weather with thousands of baitfish around , definitely worth a try for other things , let us know how it goes.
Thanks pal unfortunately we've been moved on to a inland job for a few days. I'll be back over there in the middle of next week so I will do a catch report once I had a crack at it man cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts