World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where are the SIX ball bearing in a 525 MAG XTRA.
I've taken it apart and found only FIVE +1ROLLER BEARING.
Is this a breach of the sale of goods act?
All goods must be as described and the reel is advertised and described as having SIX ball bearings but I can only find FIVE .
Is it in there somwhere and if so where?
All advice is welcome.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Chris you might have taken it apart but you haven,t fully taken it apart as there is another bearing hiding in there ,two spools bearings ,two spindle support bearings ,one pinion gear support bearing ,right thats the five you found ,now at the bottom of that big brass gear post that the handle sits on top of is a brass plate held in with two screws undo them and its usually a good tight fit ,pull the shaft out and there hidden away is number six ,call the lawyers off quick !!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
where are the SIX ball bearing in a 525 MAG XTRA.
I've taken it apart and found only FIVE +1ROLLER BEARING.
All goods must be as described and the reel is advertised and described as having SIX ball bearings but I can only find FIVE .
Is it in there somwhere and if so where?
All advice is welcome.
Would it have been easier just to ask where the 6th one is located? Rather than jumping on your soap box.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've found the two spool bearings ,the pinion support bearing the shaft support bearing on the gearbox side and the main gear support shaft bearing ,the shaft support bearing on the left hand side plate seems to be a phosphor bronze bush.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bigads sorry if i seem to be on a soap box but the last line of my post was"is it in there somwhere and if so where?
and the first line was "where are the six bearing in the reel
how much simpler can i ask?
or didnt you see those questions from high up on YOUR soapbox lol
thanks foryour constructive comments

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I
perhaps it was this bit .:secret::giveup:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AHA! FOUND IT
It's behind the bush
Thanks midas and david and bigads
well done PENN I would never have thought to put one so well hidden
By the way Ibought the 525GS when they first came out and very rarely use anything other than 525's for all but lightweight fishing and have no complaints whatsoever (just queries)
I service my own reels and it's taken all this time to wonder where the sixth bearing was
thats ten years without being touched and the bearing still performs perfectly,just got another half dozen to lubricate now

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you have a question who is the best person to ask?
I seem to have upset a few people tonight,good job I didnt ask something controversial.
I wasn't ranting I was asking a question which has been answered by people more knowledgeable than myself and others who have just decided to have a pop at me for asking genuine questions
Ah well at least while your having a go at me someone else is having a rest
Keep an eye out for my next question It could be interesting
cheers lads . HA HA HA

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
with pleasant and subtle questions like this effort, i'm sure there's gonna be a queue of people just waiting to answer the next one.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
point taken I'll try and word them a bit better next time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts