World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
People fish the point at low because it's deep water so the tide state doesn't really matter as much - at low tide you're still casting into very deep water.

I've (mistakenly) fished the boats over low tide at the end nearest the lifeboat station before at night time and found I was casting onto a sand flat. I think if you're further down towards the point though its not too bad (and if its not a really low tide).

·
Registered
678 Posts
As you head down from the point it's quite deep behind what used to be the two boats, it's now three. As you go down to the second lot of boats it can get shallow.

This dose depend on the height of the tides. www.easytide.com will give you the depth of water.

If you fish the really high tides 8mt+ you need to fish between the boats otherwise you may get very wet.:doh:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, if we fish the point end of the boats rather than the lighthouse end we should be OK over lw and hw on a 7m ish tide?

Don't really want to move camp if we don't have to...

·
Registered
678 Posts
So, if we fish the point end of the boats rather than the lighthouse end we should be OK over lw and hw on a 7m ish tide?

Don't really want to move camp if we don't have to...
That will be ok just don't go too far down, but 7mt is a good tide and should be deepish quite a way down

You will probably need to set up camp on the top of the bank next to the boats and go down to the water it's quite steep but I find the exercise is good for me.

·
Registered
430 Posts
So, if we fish the point end of the boats rather than the lighthouse end
think you mean lifeboat station not lighthouse? The lighthouses are both on the point (well the old one is nearer the power station)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts