World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1Does it mattter if u are left handed in fishing? (i am)
2By wearing gloves are u completey safe form getting hurt form the fish
3 can weever fish sting through the gloves
4 what fish can you catch with the beach paternoster rig

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
1. not if u use a left handed reel
2. yes if they are bulletproof kevlar lined with chain mail
3. No see above
4.Any fish that are on the beach and hungry

Seriously though Jake fishing is meant to be fun so don't get hung up on getting hurt I've read you're questions on Weevers and the best advice I can offer you is that any fish you catch that you think might be one just hold the trace over the water and cut you're hook snood don't go near it and therefore there should be no problem. So..just get out there and fish and enjoy it

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
paid4tackledealersroller said:
1. not if u use a left handed reel
2. yes if they are bulletproof kevlar lined with chain mail
3. No see above
4.Any fish that are on the beach and hungry

Seriously though Jake fishing is meant to be fun so don't get hung up on getting hurt I've read you're questions on Weevers and the best advice I can offer you is that any fish you catch that you think might be one just hold the trace over the water and cut you're hook snood don't go near it and therefore there should be no problem. So..just get out there and fish and enjoy it

Well said m8, Jake m8, go for it dont worry about weavers the chances of you coming across 1 are well slim...if you do, cut the line m8

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
i've read ur weaver questions too, donn't worry mate, just make sure before u grabs a weaver size fish and follow bigdunny's advice, weaver fish rn't common and if u o get stung just treat as another life leasson!!!! :D

·
Registered
409 Posts
or u could allways just cut the weever off the hook not the hook off the line! thats wot i'll be doing!! less weavers the better i say!

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
yeah! and while we are at it we can kill all the thornbacks coz they can hurt.
we must obviously take a dim view on all bass even the ones that are below size as they can hurt you, oh and slaughter all doggies as they can make your skin sore. alternatively we could help jaceb learn his sport without encouraging him to kill things just because they can bloody sting. jaceb, i read a reply to one of your Qs and the chap told you not to kill any weavers as even they have a place in the sea. you should take his advice as he does know what he is talking about. and take on what paid4 wrote and enjoy it.

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Jakeb Do'nt worry too much about fish that can possibly hurt you do waht Paid4 says and go out and enjoy your fishing.

Do not kill any fish cos they can hurt you if you learn (with time) to handle them properly then the chances of getting hurt are very slim.

Weevers shouldnt just be killed cos they CAN sting
Bees sting but you cant go out and kill all the bees just cos they CAN sting
anyway in 14 years fishing I have only come across 2 weevers

all the best with your fishing Jakeb

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rob85Dav "or u could allways just cut the weever off the hook not the hook off the line! thats wot i'll be doing!! less weavers the better i say!"

ur scum yuo cant hurt the weever just because it stings u thats just like the anglers cutting the tails of the rays and putting it back you are ment to be rold models for the younger fishermen (like me) you are not a proper fisherman!

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
all right mate calm down, we all have a right to views but mabye we should try to keep them a little less cutting, you suggested you might kill a weever if you caught one on an earlier thread and nobody went off at you. try to be a bit more diplomatic! you make more friends and keep the ones you have got!
ROB85dav my view is purley that you were wrong and i meant nothing personal at all and you did not deserve that last silly comment. mabye we should put that down to an over enthusiastic youth.

·
Registered
409 Posts
guyz!!! u can do wot you want with your weaver if u catch 1 but i'm not going to risk it, if i catch 1 i will continue to cut the weever off the hook, like hell am i gettin stung by a venamous fish, i wouldn't touch a venamous snake, scorpion anything venamous, if you catch 1 then you can put it back but with me i'm going to continue cutting them off the hook,

as alan yates once said "having being stung by a weever fish i know the pain, learning the hard way i now cut the weever off the hook not the hook off the line and will contiune to do so".

and i'm the same like hell am i risking being stung by a venamous fish! you guys can do what you want but i have the right so do what i want, sorry if you don't agree with me but i don't fancy ending up needing hospital treatment.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Just had a thought-leaving aside the rights and wrongs of killing fish for a moment-how the hell do you cut the thing off the hook? Surely you have to hold it to cut it and therefore increse your risk of getting stung??????????? :confused:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lolzi when u lot caught your first fish did you have trouble getting it off the hook, when i use my forceps they just slide around on the hook

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
When I caught my first fish I had far more trouble getting the thing ON the hook in the first place:):):)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol i hadnt caught ne fin for a month and a half you should of seen my face when i reeled in that goby even though it is small, i had to get a man to uun hook it for me bcos i thought it was a weever but now i have learnt to distinguish weevers form good fish, i now have forceps still having trouble plz help sum1? im having trouble un hooking fish

1 - 16 of 16 Posts