World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got into lrf at the end of the year and got a proper set up for Xmas (was previously using an old cheap telescopic rod which broke..). I was wondering of anyone uses those small clips that fly anglers use to change flies without having to constantly shorten the leader? I just thought about it and im considering trying it on my next outing. I thought that as they don't have a swivel,they shouldn't affect the lures movement too much. Might be a waste of time but hey.
Cheers. Andreas

·
Premium Member
17,556 Posts
Hey guys, I got into lrf at the end of the year and got a proper set up for Xmas (was previously using an old cheap telescopic rod which broke..). I was wondering of anyone uses those small clips that fly anglers use to change flies without having to constantly shorten the leader? I just thought about it and im considering trying it on my next outing. I thought that as they don't have a swivel,they shouldn't affect the lures movement too much. Might be a waste of time but hey.
Cheers. Andreas
Try these on eBay 141067035078

·
The Ultra light Always doing it in style
4,945 Posts
As above, but I mainly use them on snaggy marks as I don't mind losing them otherwise I'm a tart and use

Tict Laclip, simply the best LRF clip there is.:)

·
4,945 Posts
The Tict do others don't most of the time. The quick fly clip do eventually go rusty as well.

·
4,945 Posts
Would the mustad fly clips and the tict laclips fit inside the eye of a rockfish UL
The Tict do but most others don't, plus the fly quick clips do go rusty after a while. That is the smallest quick fly clip below the Tict.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I've sometimes just tied a loop in the end of the leader and used that to attach the lure, passing the loop through the eye then back over the lure. It probably affects the presentation a bit on smaller jig heads, but seems ok with larger ones (say, 3.5g plus) or similar size metals. On the other hand, I've been meaning to get some of those Mustard fly clips. Even if they don't fit through the rod eyes, I'm sure a pair of pliers could persuaded them to do so.

·
4,945 Posts
Decoy light game clips
Have they changed the metal for them as the one's I've had were a brass based metal and had a few bend out easily and wasn't impressed at all.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Have they changed the metal for them as the one's I've had were a brass based metal and had a few bend out easily and wasn't impressed at all.
I've not had a problem yet, but I do use them only for very light uul fishing.....

·
4,945 Posts
The one's I had a few years back bent out with 4lb line, not impressed as it lost me some decent fish. For me the Tict are the best and as I've said the fly clips for really rough ground.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Andreas Aridas, I use the smaller clip in photo, which is a Mustad Fastach Ultrapoint in size zero, the smallest in the range, with a strain value of 6 - 9 kg ( See attached photo - they are very small and light compared to Delande or TronixPro versions the larger clip in the photo), the Fastach also very good for flyfishing

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,556 Posts
how do you like that style of snap mikey? never tried myself, but was thinking of trying next time i pick up some snaps.
right now i'm using some evergreen snaps. pretty good.

i'm pretty hamfisted :D so the wide snaps are nice
I actually have these but havnt used them yet but the wide gape seem to suit my chunky fingers lol if you look closely you'll see them

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts