World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out and tried a new venue last night. A long shingle spit (maybe 1.5 miles) with a massive salt marsh behind it and a nice channel winding down to the sea.

At the mouth there seems to be a classic sand/shingle bar which could be waded if you had waders. Mine are still not back from Diver Daves, so unfortunately I only had wellies on. Looks a promising bass holding feature though, for sure. The water there was proper murky last night, though.

Looks to be a few banks/bars along the beach side of the spit as well, so I have big hopes for this venue in the coming season. Hopefully the beach side will be a good macky spot as well. Might even take the kids along one day!

Didn't catch anything last night, but it was good to be out and lay down a bit of ground work. Was a bit cold, but not too bas really. :)

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
Those sand spits can be a bit tricky
Ie trying to work out were the fish lie
Were u think they are there in a totally different place
Bloody aggrevating
Same with other marks me and gee think there down tide
But there up tide were they shouldn't rearly be but good on u getting out mate
U can do it

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
It was as much to do a reccy as anything else, really. See what the drive was like (80 miles!), see what the walk was like, check out the ground. Should be a good low water mark to add to the list.
Funny ayu,s seem to do well on spits
Sand eels maybe
I cast at the choppy bit
Or cast further out let the tide swing it around to were I think the fish are
And get hit just on the swing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.