World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm off to the Llewn peninsular tommorow morning, bit of last minuite decision. We are heading for Uwchmynydd, any suggestions on marks and approach on fishing.

Any help would be great, my missus will check in tommorow morning.

Cheers

GB

G

·
hi there noth wales is a very good place for wrasse maky big pollac at this time of year since im only 15 i cant give much help for where your fishing but treaddurbay or holyhead is a fantastic place for fishing for pollace and the are a number or bullhuss of the famus breakwater now i have herd if you want countinus fun then go to treaddurbay and turn left at the power garage then keep going till u come to a beach called porfdafac sorry cant spell and go alon the head land on the right and keep goign to a large rock with stickes out should take 10-20 mins how well u kow the area and go down to the rock with ends upa a bout 5 feet form the sea and cast out with maky feathers or leger stright down for large wrasse and polace this mark is called maky rock to the locols very very good fishing all the time in the summer butb if youu go there plz take your rubbis home the mark gets coverd with litter all the time and it gets realy smelly but if the tide is high befor u go it should get rid of the **** :) and if u get lots of maky and u lay them behind u warthc out there happends to be som very cheeky guls hope it helps u there are plenty of great marks all arounf holyhead and treaddurbay with 3 fishing sops i can only recomend 2 becuse one is realy no good wineys worms in holyhead market street and treaddur tackel on the main road in treaddurbay very good next door to spar hope u have a good fishing !

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anglesey bait supplies in beaumaris is excellent and malcom the owner is exteremely helpful and full of good advice i`d give him a try

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guy's
I got the posts as they came in but could not reply till I got home.

We ended up fishing Uwchmynydd, not many fish but it was rough the first day. The next day we fished trwyn cilan, again not many fish but this time it was to calm as we were in very shallow water. In hindsight we should of fished them the other way around.

Despite the lack of fish we will be back again this summer as we had a right good time.

Oh! and Mike jnr I copied all the north wales info from the venue's section before we left. well impressed with the info there, thanks from me and the lads as we found it invaluable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts