World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tipping it down with rain when I arrived at my local at 08:00, HT was about 10. Fished 2 rod's with mackerel. And from the off it was pout, dog, ting and huss all small but plenty of them. Then I got this
DSC_0422.JPG

My first ray from this beach.
Then after a few more pout, I got this bull huss
DSC_0425.JPG

Weighting just over 3lbs. A couple of dogs after this then the fish decided not to play anymore, so left about 13:00. Done a bit of beach cleaning amazing what gets washed up.
DSC_0421.JPG

In amongst that lot was a gear stick knob. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
581 Posts
In all my years of fishing, iv never actually managed to land a Ray, so if you see a crazy Cornish man dancing across the beach on the 26th you know I got one.

It's amazing how much rubbish you can pick up at a mark, I always take a bag and pick up everyone else's mess

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
To be fair rank seAton s a fairly clean beach now the holidaymakers ave done one I expect most of that had been washed up in the storm orso it’s not the same seaton beach

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yeah its like that down here, a lot more mess with the emmets here, most fishermen are really good and take there rubbish, then unfortunately there's a few that don't.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thorn back I think. It had small thorns going down the tail. As I didn't have my mentor with me and the only person on the beach I couldn't ask.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Tatunkajoe. So a new species for me pity I didn't weigh it, but probably around a pound.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts