World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out last night with my bro, the alba kirk and my newly addicted to fishing friend, chocolates last night to try and find a small eye. Been to a couple marks in the last few days and took some eatable bass but not a sniff of a ray. Was a new mark to us last night so didnt know what to expect, and this ended up a bit of a problem.There was a massive rip from side to side all night that just got stronger as the tide pushed, and it made fishing REALLY hard to say the least.
Took it down to one rod each and over the slack things eased off a tiny bit. First in was kirk with an eatable bass just over 2lb, one happy boy lol check the grin.
Next it was my turn, ratchet sounded a little, then the rod slowly bent over and stayed there so gave it a min then wound down.
Wasn't sure for most of the way in, just thinking it was a huge weed fish but a few digs and the fact it was hugging the bottom all the way in gave me hope and it was justified when i saw it slide up the beach, my small eye.
Not a big fish but a pb for me at 4-5lb, and considering how hard it was to fish i was proper chuffed.
once the tide pushed again we saw sense and buggered off home.
A good sesh with good mates and lets hope the luck stays for the scillies 2moro.
bring it on

Attachments

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Well done pete & goodlooking kirt:help::help:.lol.Hope you lot have a great trip to the scillies don't forget your passports.:punk:

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Nice 1 m8, have fun on the Scillies! I've mentioned a few places to Lee ;)
I'll be over there end of the month hopefully :)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Are the tickets one way?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Nice one on the small eye. It's a booty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts