World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Quick question on Century Komp SS

970 views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  mikeyb 
Hi,
I am heading out tomorrow morning to use a pair of Century Kompressor SS rods for the first time (if truth be told it will be the first time I have fished the shore with more than one rod at a time!)
I need someone to let me know if the two sections of each rod are matched pairs. I want to carry both tips sections in a bag together, so that I can leave the butt sections reeled up and ready to go when I get on location.
Will I have to put an ID mark on one pair so that I can keep them matched? Or are the sections interchangeable?
Thanks in advance...
Colin.
Put a similar question to Century a while ago when I discovered the numbers didn't match on my rod. Simon Chilcott replied saying that these numbers are used mainly in the manufacturing process to control quality and provide traceability in the event of any failures in the process. The numbers show that the sections have met all the criteria for their quality standards, and make no difference to the action of the rod, if they are paired differently. Therefore, if you have 2 similar rods, you don't have to pair the numbers up each time you use them. The only time you will need to pair the sections is if you decide to sell one of the rods.
M

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.