World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Quick sesh

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  shaund 
#1 ·
Drove down to little haven beach in shields for a few hours the night, plenty of bites just couldn't hook a thing! Had a walk over to the groyne and exact same thing over there, been using same rigs, same hooks that I normally use, some of the bites were canny aswell, so frustrating

#2 ·
some times is best to try small hooks as a lot of the bites are from small fish,it will give you some idea on the fish that are giving your bait some stick or crabs 😟
little haven beach can be canny after dark only fished there a hand full of times, also like to fish the slabs & brigade hut never been that keen on the groyne
thing is m8 you got out thats the main thing 👍

#3 ·
Yeah defo smaller fish because the baits were coming back untouched nearly every time, think I'll go for smaller hooks next time. I didn't fish right at the groyne, it was more behind the little haven hotel were the seat is, fished into the river. It was a nice calm evening at least and nice to get out the house. Also had a nip down to the ledges at Whitburn yesterday, looks a canny shot, think I'll give that a go in the next couple of weeks.

#4 · (Edited)
the ledges are ok only fished there in the summer months float fishing, last time fished there got the tides wrong and had to get of the ledges sharpish otherwise sea picked up and would have been washed off & ended up in the water.
I know a few lads fish the cliff tops at high water but thats not for me, it can be a tackle grave yard.
.in my tackle box have a selection of hook sizes range from size 14 trout hooks up to 6 /0 cod hooks. + a few rigs tied up in the old rig wallet
on a two hook flapper like to put small hook on the top & 1/0 or 2/0 on the bottom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.