World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several days of rain i'd had enough of not going fishing and decided to risk a quick session after the wrasse with woody.

There was a geezer on the smallish rock that we fished the other day, where i had the big fellas, so we had a quick scan further round and found a nicer rock but a bit more difficult to get to. Especially as the constant drizzle had turned the steep flat rocks slippery as hell. As usuall it took me a bit longer to get down then my fishing buddy of nearly twice my age but i got there in the end.

I had 2 ballans of 2-3lb and a pollock of around a lb then woody fluked a little ballan shortly afterwards...it seems that this ledge is not as good for the wrasse but the ledge looks better for fishing into the gullies further out that hold the huss and eels after dark.

Stupidly i decided to take the vertical route out which proved a little more difficult then anticipated as woody found an easier way up across the rocks....i wont be making that mistake again.

Didn't get any pics as i didn't judge that any for the fish were worth risking my life (exageration alert:busted_co) to take the 10 or so slippy steps to my bag!

Nice to get out and find a new mark though. i can't believe all of the miles i have done recently chasing bloody rays around the county when there is so much good fishing to discover within a few miles of my door step.

·
Registered
25,005 Posts
Nice one Rich,your getting into your wrassing now mate!!! Hope to see you soon.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Good to see you got out Rich. I was sitting in work wondering whether you would! Still in work now mega bored :whistling

Just hope it clears up for thursday and get out for a good sesh!:fishing1:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Well done for getting out! Can always rely on the wrasse for a good bit of sport!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well done Rich...and Thanks for the evening out when i was down your way the other week. Always good to meet up with you..Shame about the fish though or lack of them. Just let us know when your in Nth Wales again and we will sort you some Wrasse fishing out.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
After several days of rain i'd had enough of not going fishing and decided to risk a quick session after the wrasse with woody.

There was a geezer on the smallish rock that we fished the other day, where i had the big fellas, so we had a quick scan further round and found a nicer rock but a bit more difficult to get to. Especially as the constant drizzle had turned the steep flat rocks slippery as hell. As usuall it took me a bit longer to get down then my fishing buddy of nearly twice my age but i got there in the end.

I had 2 ballans of 2-3lb and a pollock of around a lb then woody fluked a little ballan shortly afterwards...it seems that this ledge is not as good for the wrasse but the ledge looks better for fishing into the gullies further out that hold the huss and eels after dark.

Stupidly i decided to take the vertical route out which proved a little more difficult then anticipated as woody found an easier way up across the rocks....i wont be making that mistake again.

Didn't get any pics as i didn't judge that any for the fish were worth risking my life (exageration alert:busted_co) to take the 10 or so slippy steps to my bag!

Nice to get out and find a new mark though. i can't believe all of the miles i have done recently chasing bloody rays around the county when there is so much good fishing to discover within a few miles of my door step.
Sounds like you had a nice sess well done.Been hardbacking this aft and we got 48 in varying sizes, how many you need for sat,let me know and i'll get them to you.Aj:thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts