World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out in the bideford bay area today and took only crab baits hermit and peeler fished at two marks 10 miles apart and caught a total of 9 dogs and one dab the hounds have cleared off its probrably the worst days fishing I can remember in a lot of years should have took fish baits as a back up thats overconfidence for you!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
hi paul its a big big tide tho in it !!!!! it big this coast anyway allways slows the fishing down a bit

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
went out in the bideford bay area today and took only crab baits hermit and peeler fished at two marks 10 miles apart and caught a total of 9 dogs and one dab the hounds have cleared off its probrably the worst days fishing I can remember in a lot of years should have took fish baits as a back up thats overconfidence for you!

thats fishing mate!...and if its bad now it can only get better :) ..

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi paul its a big big tide tho in it !!!!! it big this coast anyway allways slows the fishing down a bit
yeh we had a 10.3 this week mental tides but today was a sensible 8.9 biggish but not silly it was dead out there never known the fishing so bad yet it was great over easter winds and conditions very simular

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Unlucky Paul (though I was reasonably chuffed when I caught that many dogs this week - beats blanking!)

What was the sea like? Landlubber question, I know, but does choppier sea effect the fishing itself at those depths, or does it just get too rough to be out on, before you'd notice?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts