World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started fishing at 4am this morning hoping for a bass,fished till bout 8am and blanked,although young tom caught a gar and a pollack on the float.This evening the conditions looked lovely and we had a few live eel so were feeling confident!!! In the end i saved a blank with a small flattie and that was it. A hand full of macky,pollack and a gar were caught between 4 or 5 lads fishing the harbour but last day or so has been crp!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Started fishing at 4am this morning hoping for a bass,fished till bout 8am and blanked,although young tom caught a gar and a pollack on the float.This evening the conditions looked lovely and we had a few live eel so were feeling confident!!! In the end i saved a blank with a small flattie and that was it. A hand full of macky,pollack and a gar were caught between 4 or 5 lads fishing the harbour but last day or so has been crp!!!
ya stilled put one out the bag mate !! well done...
being out with a wet line, seeing the sunrise is enough !!, the fishy is a bonus .............

I need to get out more often !!!......

·
Registered
25,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers lads, Sharpshooter,there seems to be alot of small flattys around at the moment,alot more than ive seen since i was a small boy! Must be some bigguns breeding somewhere!! Looks good for the future!!!:victory:

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Cute lil turbot cfish but where are all the bass you reckon are so plentiful?
Me & sunfish catch them.As tommo Is the flattie king.Not the bass king.Sorry m8. Well done on another flattie:cry:.I will get one soon.

·
Registered
25,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cute lil turbot cfish but where are all the bass you reckon are so plentiful?
Nice big box full caught the other morning:shutup: I havent caught any the last couple of times ive gone for them,but thats fishing for you.End of september into october should see a few coming in.:victory:

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Nice big box full caught the other morning:shutup: I havent caught any the last couple of times ive gone for them,but thats fishing for you.End of september into october should see a few coming in.:victory:
No need to gag yourself m8 nothing to feel guilty about, did you catch em artfully or the "other" way???

·
Registered
25,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No need to gag yourself m8 nothing to feel guilty about, did you catch em artfully or the "other" way???
LOL i am not guilty,were caught in a spot i know about though and i would say caught riskly cos of the rough sea and artfully knowing where,when and what conditions to fish for them!!!! Fishing isnt just sailing along and chucking nets out higgledy piggledy,as, like our angling it is effected by times,tides,weed etc. Hopefully be out soon live eeling for line caught pollack,will let you know if theres many of them about.:victory:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts