World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm looking for a quiver bag that will take 2 rods "with reels attached". I use Slosh 30s and I'm looking at ways of making it quicker to get my bait in the water this winter. Reason being, I will be moving about on the rocks to locate the cod. I have an Ian Golds small one at the moment, but I struggle to get 1 rod with an ABU 6500 attached in there. Anyone got the larger of the Imax holdalls? Think it's the competition one?

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
i think the best thing i could advise would be a titan sling or similar.

they are so handy when rock hopping and take up less space at home.

most quivers wont take rods with reels on,daiwa,conoflex,titan and shakespeare ones deffo wont without risk of damage to your rods getting them in or out.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think the best thing i could advise would be a titan sling or similar.

they are so handy when rock hopping and take up less space at home.

most quivers wont take rods with reels on,daiwa,conoflex,titan and shakespeare ones deffo wont without risk of damage to your rods getting them in or out.
Cheers for answering mate. I think that rules out that lot then. Anyone got anything different that would take 2 rods with multipliers attached? Imax competition (looks like it has 2 compartments) or Titan rod sling is another possibility.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a suggestion Pete. Keep the rod butts on the outside pocket on the Ian golds where your tripod goes.
Lol, that's too simple Chris. But it works, just tried it! It's a wee bit bulky with them on the outside, and I'm not 100% keen on having my tips inside rubbing against my tripod, but I'll see how it goes. Still looking for other suggestions lads.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Thought it might. I only carry one rod cod fishing so no need for a rod bag or even tripod on some marks.

OT - Peter just took the plunge and bought an afaw international. Recommend you take a look at bison waders if your still looking!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Shaky Salt Quiver. I get 3 rods and an igloo inside mine, with tripod attatched on the outer straps.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Shaky Salt Quiver. I get 3 rods and an igloo inside mine, with tripod attatched on the outer straps.
but yet this way must risk damage to the rings and reels?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers mate, will have a look.

Thought it might. I only carry one rod cod fishing so no need for a rod bag or even tripod on some marks.

OT - Peter just took the plunge and bought an afaw international. Recommend you take a look at bison waders if your still looking!!
Yes Chris, I've thought about 1 rod as well, but not sure about leaving the tripod out. Can't get used to holding a fishing rod in my hand all night.
Nice one on the rod mate. Not sure about the waders. Was at Anglers choice last week and tried the Snowbee Rockhoppers on. Think I'm going for them. If there's any faults with them I should be covered with a years guarantee?

Cheers mate. Could you get 2 rods with Slosh 30s attached inside though? It's the reel handles that stop me getting them inside my Golds quiver.

·
Registered
338 Posts
but yet this way must risk damage to the rings and reels?
The OP ask for a rod holder that he could get two rods and reels in, I was just pointing out how much you can get in a Shaky Salt. It is also such a mis-conception that the more you put in you rod holdall the more chance of damage to guides and blanks. This isn't the case, the more capacity taken up the less chance of movement in side the holdall with blanks and guides coming together. We are also talking about a quiver with tips visible here, with rod resting against the igloo in holdall, as I do there is less chance of tip damage.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
It's quite easy if you get used to it can bait up with the rod on your shoulder. Personally don't think you'll get a rod holdall internally big enough for two reels mate.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Pete,I can't see it being a problem.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi guys. I'm looking for a quiver bag that will take 2 rods "with reels attached". I use Slosh 30s and I'm looking at ways of making it quicker to get my bait in the water this winter. Reason being, I will be moving about on the rocks to locate the cod. I have an Ian Golds small one at the moment, but I struggle to get 1 rod with an ABU 6500 attached in there. Anyone got the larger of the Imax holdalls? Think it's the competition one?
Have you thought about looking at Carp rod bags as they have built in pouches for the reels to sit in when attatched to the rods, They normally have an outside section designed to take an umbrella that you could possibly use for the tripod. Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
iv got the imax one and i find its great , 2 zip up departments one side i put my rt and salty rod rest in , the otherside i put in 3 rods with out eny problems , yes you could put in you rod with reel atatched as they are well padded ,, But and a big But the holdall is just not long enough i wish it was atleast another 2 foot longer to cover long tips

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Hi Pete,
I reckon a ski bag may be the answer!? The one I have holds two pairs of ski's, has a central dividing padded flap for protection and I'm sure there are straps on the outside for wet ski's which you could strap a tripod to. It also unzips the full length and must be 7 or 8 feet long. I'll have a look later to see if it will fit the bill.
Cheers,
Sam

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
iv got the imax one and i find its great , 2 zip up departments one side i put my rt and salty rod rest in , the otherside i put in 3 rods with out eny problems , yes you could put in you rod with reel atatched as they are well padded ,, But and a big But the holdall is just not long enough i wish it was atleast another 2 foot longer to cover long tips
Cheers Mike. Any chance you could try 2 butts with multipliers attached in your bag and let me know? I'm going next weekend to have a look at the Imax one, and hoping it will do the job.

Have you thought about looking at Carp rod bags as they have built in pouches for the reels to sit in when attatched to the rods, They normally have an outside section designed to take an umbrella that you could possibly use for the tripod. Just a thought.
Cheers Lawrie, but are carp bags not expensive like the other carp gear?

Hi Pete,
I reckon a ski bag may be the answer!? The one I have holds two pairs of ski's, has a central dividing padded flap for protection and I'm sure there are straps on the outside for wet ski's which you could strap a tripod to. It also unzips the full length and must be 7 or 8 feet long. I'll have a look later to see if it will fit the bill.
Cheers,
Sam
Cheers Sam. Not sure if I want a full length bag, but if it was the only thing that would do the job, then I would buy one. Let me know if they would fit in mate.

·
Registered
749 Posts
hi pete, i have a bag or quiver you may be interested in, ihave a salt quiver type and also have a shakesphere president, both of them are brand new and up in the loft so if you were interested would have to dig them out but think they would be ideal, all the best john

1 - 20 of 37 Posts