World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Died at 25 no real age for a carp, many can go 50,60 even 70 years.
I read anglers using unprepared nuts were to blame for the demise of this fish.
The same complex also lost the "creature" from its other lake at 64lb ish recently.
Bet the fishery will be quieter now, a lake near me lost a mid forty recently, and it went from packed out all year round to completely deserted, funny creatures us specimen hunters.

However fear not Whacker fans, there are now so many good fisheries now with much faster growing fish that reach enormous sizes. For Example "Mark Simmons" strain of carp are capable of putting on 8lb or so a year in the right water.

Carp in France are now into the low 90lb bracket, soon to break 100lb?

The next Benson, Mary or Creature will soon be gracing our banks.

RIP Benson

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
RIP Benson indeed but i cant help feeling something else is going on here.

why would the fishery owner get daily newspapers to print the story and start saying that unprepared particles are to blame, irresponsible fishermen, blah blah etc without knowing what the cause of death actually was?

does he know, or think he knows, something we dont and feels this is the only way to get action? whatever the reason he shouldnt wash his dirty laundry in public imo.

the article i read in The Times portraid anglers in a very poor light due to the claims of the fishery owner, who may or may not be right.

i cant see that his attitude is going to win him much favour with anglers.. and these are the people who pay his high day ticket prices.

as for the fish being 25 years old... i think it is more likely that the fish is 5 years or so older than that.. based on the figures in the article.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If it's unprepared particles, how come Benson was the only one to eat them? no other fish going belly up at the moment. Maybe it had more to do with all her travelling.

However fear not Whacker fans, there are now so many good fisheries now with much faster growing fish that reach enormous sizes. For Example "Mark Simmons" strain of carp are capable of putting on 8lb or so a year in the right water.

They don't live as long though, and normally end up as bland "hump backed" fish - which is ok if you like that sort of thing!

The next Benson, Mary or Creature will soon be gracing our banks.

Don't think you should really mention Mary along with the other two wrong'uns..... plus there's more fish of that sort of size than you think :ph34r:

·
Registered
246 Posts
whats the big deal it just another fish what the point of mourning as plenty of decent sized fish die every day via chemicals or the like but nobody appers to say or do any thing about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts