World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ll keep worms at home in a tank off sea water and have kept them for 10 days before they still fine at ten days just wonding if any one else tanks thems and how long you can you tank them for i cange the water every two days and have and air pump on all the time the tanks is about 4foot and 2 f wide and 8ins off water i keep about 2oo worms at a time in each tank

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I have in the past kept live ragworm tails alive for ten weeks in aerated seawater at 4 degrees C. If you don't believe me, try it for yourselves.

philtherod

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
i used rag i had in trays for 3 weeks last night and they are still far better than anything you buy in shop.

i keep rag and lug for many weeks with no problem. trays of water only 1in deep kept in the fridge. no need of air pump. just change the water every other day.

tanked lug can get bloated so lay them on paper a few hours before you go and transport them in fresh dry paper.

large rag will over time shrink but again are fine. put on paper for a while to firm them up.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i used rag i had in trays for 3 weeks last night and they are still far better than anything you buy in shop.

i keep rag and lug for many weeks with no problem. trays of water only 1in deep kept in the fridge. no need of air pump. just change the water every other day.

tanked lug can get bloated so lay them on paper a few hours before you go and transport them in fresh dry paper.

large rag will over time shrink but again are fine. put on paper for a while to firm them up.
thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts